Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Katanga / congo events and mercenaries actions

Article about: Hello I begin a new thread about the events in Congo - Katanga and mercenaries actions during the 60's and somes items later So, if you have items, don't hesitate to show them @+, hughes the

?

Default Katanga / congo events and mercenaries actions

Hello

I begin a new thread about the events in Congo - Katanga and mercenaries actions during the 60's and somes items later

So, if you have items, don't hesitate to show them

@+, hughes

there is the patch of the 10th commando lead by Colonel Jean Schramme who was a belgian colon in " Congo ", era 1964-1967, this is the first model ( tke lake is striped blue )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katanga / congo events and  mercenaries actions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Katanga / congo events and  mercenaries actions
    P
    Many

?

the second model of the 10th commando patch ( the lake is not more striped in blue ) , and two different model. One with white letters and the other with yellow letters
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katanga / congo events and  mercenaries actions   Katanga / congo events and  mercenaries actions  

?

patch of the 6th commando lead by the french mercenary Bod Denard, alos era 1964-1967
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katanga / congo events and  mercenaries actions  

?

patch of the 5th commando, the wild geese,lead by Mike Hoare

Hello, very interesting !
    I was a friend from J.P. Chantrain....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

hello

thanks for your comments

JP Chantrain a wel known person who passed away not a long time ago, he had a awesome private museum
    he served in the 2bn commando and he has also been in congo with the 2bn commando if I'm right

I continue with the kantagese war cross

Yes, when I saw him in the (often) 80's he talked many times of his past...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

You might find this Katanganese helmet interesting

Helmet used by the Katangese Gendarms - ALL AFRICAN NATIONS - World Militaria Forum

I don't want to take the photos form someone else's post without permission.

Steve.

Steve

?

hello,

thanks for the contribution, this helmet is reallay hard to find, hope one day

a shoulderboards of the 5th commando

@+, hughes

?

patch of the 1st " Choc ", unit of the 6th commando lead by Bob Denard

@+, hughes

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast