Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Seeking Information About 1960s BD Jacket

Article about: Hello, I'm hoping that some forum members can provide me with information about this jacket that I picked up at a thrift shop recently. I assume that it is British but seems late (1967) for

?

Default Seeking Information About 1960s BD Jacket

Hello,

I'm hoping that some forum members can provide me with information about this jacket that I picked up at a thrift shop recently. I assume that it is British but seems late (1967) for a battle dress jacket and I don't see any tag or broad arrow marking (unless that's a partial broad arrow in the photo?). Thanks in advance for any comments or help that can be provided.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Seeking Information About 1960s BD Jacket   Seeking Information About 1960s BD Jacket  

Seeking Information About 1960s BD Jacket   Seeking Information About 1960s BD Jacket  

Seeking Information About 1960s BD Jacket   Seeking Information About 1960s BD Jacket  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Seeking Information About 1960s BD Jacket
    P
    Many

Hi Tom.

I had a quick search and found a similar looking jacket. It is described as an Italian army military surplus wool ike style uniform jacket. I must say that one of the stamps 'nifigio'? looks like an Italian word to me too.

The photo of the front of the jacket is courtesy of the below link-
    Italian army military surplus wool ike style uniform jacket - Surplus & Lost

The photo of the back of the jacket is from the same sellers account (on a well known online auction site).

Hopefully this will help in some way.

Kind regards,

Will.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Seeking Information About 1960s BD Jacket   Seeking Information About 1960s BD Jacket  

?

Thank you for the information and quick response Will! Very interesting.

Tom