Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Postschutz Variant

Article about: Hello guys This is an interesting buckle from the collection I purchased last month. From the photos I thought reproduction. Angolia and Nash didn't say thing about a brass and nickel Postsc

Default Re: Postschutz Variant

Dear Kirby

I am somewhat late on this one and my sincere apologies, however - oh dear ! May I suggest that yourself as a very experienced buckle collector should and with all due respect, judge the buckle and not the story - as they say. Why on earth should there be a private issue Postschutz buckle in an "old" form ? This anomaly of a buckle really does not make sense when we perhaps scrutinise it against the more recognised, accepted and comfortable Postschutz buckles from the late 1933 and early 1934 period, when of course the buckle per se truly evolved.

This is and in my opinion, a complete fantasy buckle.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Postschutz  Variant
    P
    Many

?

Hello This buckle was 1 of 139 in the collection I purchesed. I originally had the buckle with the 15-17 buckles I considered repos. The more I looked at it the more I liked it and thought it might be original. After finding the photo in Angolia's first book I decided to post it on the forum and contact Mr. Saris. He hasn't owned the buckle in 25+ years so why would he make up a story about the buckle. I like the buckle and the story is a plus.

All the best

Kirby

Dear Kirby

I really would prefer to focus on the buckle per se. Perhaps the Postschutz buckle was the property of the organisation rather than the individual member and as such, there was the opportunity for enterprising manufacturers to produce a "private purchase" model. If so, I would have expected "Extra-Koppelschloss" production and the associated materials used as something along the lines of say the RAD and not in an "old" form. A brass box with a nickle silver roundel for the Postschutz uniform does not sit comfortably with myself. I have always suggested to fellow collectors to buy with the heart rather than the head and if you like this buckle, then enjoy it for what it is.

Regards,

David

No fantasy at all, but what the heck? You may have your opinion David, as I have mine and
    know where it came from!

Indeed Wilhelm, what the heck ! The current owner of this complete fantasy and nonsense (in my opinion) Postschutz buckle seems to be jolly happy and long may he continue to enjoy it within his collection. 5 contributions to this thread are confirming liking this buckle and with 2 "likes" to boot, with of course, 1 single lone voice dissenter. This is not Rocket Science and an appropriate time perhaps for myself to bow out from this thread before posting more images to fully support my opinion. Again Wilhelm, what the heck and really, who cares !

Regards and best wishes,

David

I know Kirby has an original buckle. Your opinion is of no value too me in this matter!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2