Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Your thoughts Postschutz

Article about: Hi Gents. Have come across this unmarked Postschutz. From what I can see scrolling through the forum most were maker marked on the tab. After looking in my books which really do not have to

?

Default Your thoughts Postschutz

Hi Gents. Have come across this unmarked Postschutz. From what I can see scrolling through the forum most were maker marked on the tab. After looking in my books which really do not have to much on them. I think it is good. Would really appreciate the experts opinions forst though. As always thanks for your time. Your thoughts PostschutzYour thoughts PostschutzYour thoughts Postschutz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your thoughts Postschutz
    P
    Many

Dear Allan,

Quote by AllanM View Post
    ...I think it is good...
    So do I.

An extremely popular and sought after buckle for many reasons, to include of course a really spectacular design. It is a pity that the buckle shown has lost the "leather tongue" as this may have provided elements of interesting information. I know some collectors who can instantly identify the manufacturer of these buckles by simply looking at certain fabrication features, however I struggle. There is however a fair chance that the buckle shown was manufactured by G H Osang of Dresden, although undoubtedly someone else better versed with Postschutz will chip in.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Do not see these buckles too often. I can not comment on originality, but I like the whole design of it. Too bad about the tab.
    Stig

?

Very nice and crisp buckle. Rob

?

a very unique design, for sure, for a non combat organization!

Quote by toot View Post
    ...for a non combat organization...
    Dear toot,

Perhaps worth remembering that in 1942, elements of the Postschutz transitioned into the SS-Postschutz and who supposedly, were engaged in partisan suppression activities.

Whether this particular buckle was worn, as opposed to that of the SS, is really any persons guess.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

One of my favorite designs👍 Hard to find one with excellent detail like your example.

?

Thanks everyone for your comments. I will take your word on the maker David as my level of expertise cannot pick those finer details out yet. The design would be one of the best.

I am with the guys, very nice and original buckle
    Ben

?

Quote by David North View Post
    Dear Allan,

So do I.

An extremely popular and sought after buckle for many reasons, to include of course a really spectacular design. It is a pity that the buckle shown has lost the "leather tongue" as this may have provided elements of interesting information. I know some collectors who can instantly identify the manufacturer of these buckles by simply looking at certain fabrication features, however I struggle. There is however a fair chance that the buckle shown was manufactured by G H Osang of Dresden, although undoubtedly someone else better versed with Postschutz will chip in.

Regards and best wishes,

David

David - you are absolutely correct in this being an GH Osang manufactured Postschutz buckle.