Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Questionable Early Dr Franke & Co - Opinions Please

Article about: I've been offered this buckle, as I am unfamiliar with these, I could use some knowledgeable opinions as I have some reservations. These are the only pictures I currently have, and yes I kno

?

Default Questionable Early Dr Franke & Co - Opinions Please

I've been offered this buckle, as I am unfamiliar with these, I could use some knowledgeable opinions as I have some reservations and am unsure.

These are the only pictures I currently have, and yes I know they are somewhat lacking. Any help, much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questionable Early Dr Franke & Co - Opinions Please
    P
    Many

?

Hello, Why do the pictures look like they have been taken through a screen window ?? Looks original logo wise only just odd.... Bad pics though... What are they asking $$ wise ? Looks like a lot of casting flaws... Not one for me and better tabbed ones exist.. JMO of course not saying fake.... Just ODD from observation, Better prong and catch pics needed ... But, I don't like what I see.. Again.. Opinion only G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Thanks for the reply. Looks like they photographed it on a window sill with the screen casting a shadow. Part of a package deal, so kind of hard to break it out. Definitely shows some wear, I'll have it in hand tomorrow. If real, what would a reasonable range be as an individual piece?
    Last edited by relicz; 05-11-2018 at 04:04 AM.

?

Well, Personally that depends on the collector's willing to pay.. If Deemed original any where from $120-150 I'd say... A little more a little less depending on country.. I have been searching for this elusive maker mark but tabbed and in good or better condition for awhile.. If you have no use for it and Markus, Kirby or Ben give the thumbs up PM me... Gwar
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Thanks, much appreciated.

I dont believe the the cast fakes have these markings currently, bad pics though square shots of front and rear would be good
    Ben

?

Thanks for the opinion.

?

Here is the backside of mine for comparison. Has a few rough spots as well. As Ben said, the cast fakes are not known to have this early Franke & Co maker mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questionable Early Dr Franke & Co - Opinions Please  

?

Thank you all very much for all the input, it is most appreciated.

Once I had it in hand, it was pretty obvious that although a bit worn and somewhat dirty, it is right as rain.

Curiously, this is the first RAD buckle I've ever pulled from the woodwork.

Last edited by relicz; 05-12-2018 at 12:35 AM.

?

Nice early RAD buckle that is not easy to find. Examples with dates are 1936-37.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast