Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAD - Michael Wittmann

Article about: I recently watched some interesting videos on YouTube about SS Panzer Ace Michael Wittmann. Did a few Net searches and found this interesting pic of him as a RAD man in the mid 1930's, proud

?

Default RAD - Michael Wittmann

I recently watched some interesting videos on YouTube about SS Panzer Ace Michael Wittmann. Did a few Net searches and found this interesting pic of him as a RAD man in the mid 1930's, proudly showing off his new uniform and buckle. Thought a few of you all here would also find this interesting
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD - Michael Wittmann  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD - Michael Wittmann
    P
    Many

Wow, started as a RAD Mann, thanks for posting mate
    Ben

?

Thanks for posting...He appears to have an early NSDAP / or other pin on his tie. Any idea of the Abtl. ?? As there is no sleeve shield for ID.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD - Michael Wittmann   RAD - Michael Wittmann  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Here is a poster I have showing the progression from the Hitler Youth to the NSKK and then to the Panzer Corp. I forget if you had to serve in the Labor Corp or would the NSKK replace service in the RAD.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD - Michael Wittmann   RAD - Michael Wittmann  

?

A great thread
    Attached Images Attached Images RAD - Michael Wittmann 

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    Here is a poster I have showing the progression from the Hitler Youth to the NSKK and then to the Panzer Corp. I forget if you had to serve in the Labor Corp or would the NSKK replace service in the RAD.
    June 1935, All men between 18 and 25 years old were mandated to serve 6 months in the RAD before any active service in the military... There may have been some "Special" ones... G

?

Perhaps his new uniform was so new, he did not yet have a group or unit

?

Quote by weller View Post
    Perhaps his new uniform was so new, he did not yet have a group or unit
    I see your point...According to Wiki he joined the FAD in Feb. 34'.. The FAD was officially renamed the RAD in
    July 34'. It would be nice to see if he is wearing a FAD buckle or RAD. The point of interest is as stated before the possible "Early Supporter" pin and the newly developed cap badge in the photo.. And lack of unit sleeve shield... So possibly transitional ?? G

Quote by Gwar View Post
    June 1935, All men between 18 and 25 years old were mandated to serve 6 months in the RAD before any active service in the military... There may have been some "Special" ones... G
    And you could be as volunteer if you have turned 17 years
    These kinds of threads is always fun and interesting!