Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

unmarked Rad buckle

Article about: hello,last time i've obtained this Rad buckle. unfortunately an unmarked one,after some searching i found only two makers that have a surplus of material on the reverse side of shovel.it giv

Default unmarked Rad buckle

hello,last time i've obtained this Rad buckle.
    unfortunately an unmarked one,after some searching i found only two makers that have a surplus of material on the reverse side of shovel.it gives it the ''flooded'' look.this makers are JFS and Geb. Kugel und Fink.(first photo)
    what do you think?is it one of them?or maybe one of the never marked buckles?sorry Gwar for using Your photos,the only purpose for using them is to educate
    best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unmarked Rad buckle   unmarked Rad buckle  

unmarked Rad buckle   unmarked Rad buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unmarked Rad buckle
    P
    Many

?

My money is that it's a Dransfeld & Co. Menden, Gebruder Kugel and Fink marked their RAD buckles under the prong bar as shown.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unmarked Rad buckle   unmarked Rad buckle  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Another Dransfeld..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unmarked Rad buckle  

ok thank you very much for Id
    really nice buckles You have there
    best regards

?

Interesting thread. Another RAD maker that did not stamp the back of the buckle was K Brahm - Furth. Here is my example. Comparing the buckles, the Brahm buckle has a different shovel handle than the buckle in question. So, I would also say most likely a Dransfeld.

unmarked Rad buckle  

?

Hmmm.. I don't know Weller, I had forgotten about K. Brahm, michal19's buckle does look very similar in appearance and color, Dransfeld had a lacquer type finish on the reverse, it's almost a match between yours and his..

?

I did consider the backside of Dransfeld. The minty tabbed Dransfeld example looks close. But the smooth back of the example in post #3 is different and makes me a bit uncertain. For clarification, the pics of michal19's buckle in post #1 are the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th pics?

On the Brahm, look at the bottom of the shovel handle in the 2nd Brahm pic. There is a raised area, like a small, flat 'v' in the design. I do not see this on michal19's buckle, even when considering the surface wear etc. Interesting thread.

?

G - your Brahm has the same dot and raised area on the shovel handle as my example. Interesting. Trying to recall if there is another RAD maker that did not stamp the backside of the buckles

?

Quote by weller View Post
    I did consider the backside of Dransfeld. The minty tabbed Dransfeld example looks close. But the smooth back of the example in post #3 is different and makes me a bit uncertain. For clarification, the pics of michal19's buckle in post #1 are the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th pics?

On the Brahm, look at the bottom of the shovel handle in the 2nd Brahm pic. There is a raised area, like a small, flat 'v' in the design. I do not see this on michal19's buckle, even when considering the surface wear etc. Interesting thread.
    I have a opinion that the area in question was there at one time, the reverse stamping shows the impression, on the front it may have been worn off due to physical labor and such, not unheard of for any buckle really, the back, for the most part holds the stamped image even most times on de-nazified buckles, JMO..

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    I have a opinion that the area in question was there at one time, the reverse stamping shows the impression, on the front it may have been worn off due to physical labor and such, not unheard of for any buckle really, the back, for the most part holds the stamped image even most times on de-nazified buckles, JMO..
    Good points, and very interesting highlight on the back in that photo. Much different than the Dransfeld in post #3.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast