MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

6th Armee M40 mud find

Article about: This is a neat M40 helmet with most of its original paint, and some of the decal, found way to the West of Stalingrad, where the early Sixth Army summer battles took place. I would guess to

Default 6th Armee M40 mud find

6th Armee M40 mud find6th Armee M40 mud find6th Armee M40 mud find6th Armee M40 mud find

This is a neat M40 helmet with most of its original paint, and some of the decal, found way to the West of Stalingrad, where the early Sixth Army summer battles took place. I would guess to say that this is a find that was recovered from mud of some sort, whether it be a bog, swamp, creek or river. It isn't decrepit like a lot of regular ground found lids are.

Unfortunately, the sun wasn't out when I was photographing this lid. In sunlight, it's easy to see that it has most of its paint. In fact, two different colors of paint that look like a light gray and a very dark gray.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 6th Armee M40 mud find
    P
    Many

Nice find in good condition. A nice one for your collection. Do you have many more?

Quote by Ian Hayes View Post
    Nice find in good condition. A nice one for your collection. Do you have many more?
    Several, but not many are this fine of condition. I have an Italian camo one, and a Barn find with heavy shrapnel damage and most of the paint I'm picking up from the post office tomorrow.

Not too far from you, Chester county. Had a vacation home by Jim Thorpe.