Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Double named M35 field repaint

Article about: Another interesting relic that is on its way south is this M35. It has lost a rivet ( not a common thing but I have seen it from time to time - maybe the splinter hit 'popped' it out? ) Ther

Default Double named M35 field repaint

Another interesting relic that is on its way south is this M35.

It has lost a rivet ( not a common thing but I have seen it from time to time - maybe the splinter hit 'popped' it out? )
    There is good remnants of the rough over-paint and the over-painted eagle ( I was not sent a photo of the opposite side so it may have been a double decal?? )

There is also an unusual "tan-like" paint showing almost as a second coat before the third rough one? ..... it may be rust bleed through however.

Finally there is the double naming "H. Ebke" at the rear and possibly also at the side ( although why a soldier would paint his name on twice is confusing ....... bored maybe? )

Anyway, hope you all like this one too.

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double named M35 field repaint   Double named M35 field repaint  

Double named M35 field repaint   Double named M35 field repaint  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double named M35 field repaint
    P
    Many

Default Re: Double named M35 field repaint

I've seen 35's lose rivets when they have strikes nearby to the vent, I think you are spot on with the pop out theory Dan. You are going to need a new room never mind new shelves mate

I have a rough overpaint M40 named twice to the same man. Once on the bottom layer of paint, the second on the top layer of rough paint. They are both painted in the same area near the lot #. This looks like a nice relic. It's nice that some of these are finding a good home with you.

Nice patina.

very nice dan
    Regards James

I like it alot!