Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Factory stamps and sizes issue

Article about: Recently i bought a relic helmet m40 that was dug up from Normandy, its in okay condition with only a single hole having appeared with a liner band still attached(well some), but the helmet

Default Factory stamps and sizes issue

Recently i bought a relic helmet m40 that was dug up from Normandy, its in okay condition with only a single hole having appeared with a liner band still attached(well some), but the helmet is caked in rust as expected but the stamps do not appear on either the band or the shell the rust has bubbled over a lot of the helmet including where the stamps should be, maybe if you clean the shell you could find something, the metal liner band however no chance, but how would i go about doing this? I fear the markings may be lost i would like them so i know the size of the helmet and the factory would be nice to know, is this common with relics or is there a way to bring them back?

Cheers

Will

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Factory stamps and sizes issue
    P
    Many

A few photos would truly be helpful here...The markings weren't always deeply stamped into the steel during the production-process, and by reading your description of the deterioration it appears they are no longer visible...If you take a tape measure and wrap it around the shell- above the rear skirt-, you'll have your size...There are some expert collectors here, and a photo might help determine the maker for you...

cheers, Glenn