Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

german relic helmet reddish paint

Article about: hello,i found last time this relic,from what i see on the remains of the green paint there is also some redish/brownish application,have You seen somwhere this colour on wartime pieces??or r

Default german relic helmet reddish paint

hello,i found last time this relic,from what i see on the remains of the green paint there is also some redish/brownish application,have You seen somwhere this colour on wartime pieces??or rather post war painting
    regards?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german relic helmet reddish paint   german relic helmet reddish paint  

german relic helmet reddish paint   german relic helmet reddish paint  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german relic helmet reddish paint
    P
    Many

The paint looks original and the helmet looks like it's been covered in oil to prevent further decay?

yes the seller told told that this is some kind of oil,i've decided to leave it like it is
    what do you think the red paint can be a remain of some type of camouflage?
    regards

MAP
    ?

"brick red" as I call it is a perfectly acceptable camo paint color. I can not however determine the authenticity of the paint on the helmet

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

yes i guess that it can be hard from this poor quality photos,unlucky that i cannot add any better today.anyway great thanks for the answer
    regards

I'd be tempted to remove the oil layer to examine the colours underneath, looks like the remains of a camo helmet.

haha i'm also thinking about taking off this oil film
    i will add when i decide
    thank You for answer
    best regards

?

The brown spots may also have arisen because metal has been lying against it in the ground for years.In the first photo you can clearly see more damage to the helmet. Surrounded by the brown color.I have a number of helmets in my collection where this has taken place. For example because barbed wire or steel wire has been against it