Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

HELP! M18 Fake or Real?

Article about: Hi all! I need your help! Is it real M18 or fake? Seller told me this is real M18 helm but leather lining is not real. What will the experts say? And how much it may cost? Thank you.

Rookie19, you did the right thing posting this helmet here whether you had purchased it or not. At least now you have an example of a fake. My advice would be to study lots and lots of original examples of whatever it is that you wish to purchase and of course post here first for opinions about originality prior to purchase.

Good luck!

Andy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HELP! M18 Fake or Real?
    P
    Many

Hi, Donald helmet.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

This helmet is so obviously fake it is almost laughable you think it is real. So sorry to say so but this is a piece of junk. Shape wise not even close to original helmets.

Unfortunately, nobody is born with an encyclopaedic knowledge. Unless you’ve spent some time studying originals, you aren’t going to have a good idea in your head of what an original helmet looks like. As Andy has said previously, we all start somewhere, and this thread is useful as a case study of a ‘worst case scenario’ fake.

The bottom-end fakes are indeed so bad they’re laughable — to a seasoned collector, at least — but they continue to catch out beginners, because that’s who they’re aimed at.

B.B.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2