Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M35 DD Helmet and Decal Authentication

Article about: Hello all, I saw this relic M35 DD helmet from StalingradFront and was wondering if the helmet was authentic and if the two decals on it are original to the helmet. Thank you all in advance.

Default M35 DD Helmet and Decal Authentication

Hello all, I saw this relic M35 DD helmet from StalingradFront and was wondering if the helmet was authentic and if the two decals on it are original to the helmet. Thank you all in advance. M35 DD Helmet and Decal AuthenticationM35 DD Helmet and Decal AuthenticationM35 DD Helmet and Decal Authentication

Jack

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Helmet and Decal Authentication
    P
    Many

I don’t see any red flags, but the helmet is in such poor condition even if they were fake decals and extensively aged it wouldn’t add any value to it to begin with.

MAP
    ?

Your guess is as good as any.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default Wehrmacht M35 Double Decal

Hi all!
    There are very smart people who think that this helmet is fake. Do you think they are right?

The helmet is too far gone to give a scientific opinion based on photos (which are poor btw).

Real or not, It's not even a good display piece.

?

I think it is fine, many relics have better decals than that

- - ------- - -

I would display it, but it is rough.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD Helmet and Decal Authentication   M35 DD Helmet and Decal Authentication  

MAP
    ?

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    I think it is fine, many relics have better decals than that
    While it may be fine, it is just as possible that it is not. The issue is that without a USB microscope and/or an in hand inspection, it is a gamble.

At least that is my view.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I can see paint over the decal where they would have repainted for reissue or the regulations at the time to remove the decals so I think it’s good, but as I said before real or not the shape of those decals in my opinion wouldn’t add any value to the helmet for what kind of shape it’s in.