Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Lot number and decal questions.

Article about: Hey folks, I was recently given this helmet which I believe is an M35. No helmet liner, but I can still see the original paint and most of the Heer decal on the left side. It was sitting on

Default M35 Lot number and decal questions.

Hey folks, I was recently given this helmet which I believe is an M35. No helmet liner, but I can still see the original paint and most of the Heer decal on the left side. It was sitting on a table in a garage before I got it. The man who gifted it to me said it came from an antique store in either France or Germany where his grandfather purchased it. It looks like it got white paint splattered on it and was wiped away, but other than being cosmetically in poor condition its in good shape. The helmet itself is only missing one of the brass rivets in the back, I unfortunately broke the one on the right side while looking for the markings on the the rivet which is why its not in the photos.

Its an ET68 with the lot number 4733. I would like to know when was this helmet made and what the correct decals are. I don't know if you can track down where this helmet was sent to, but it would be cool to know where it might have served. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

M35 Lot number and decal questions.M35 Lot number and decal questions.M35 Lot number and decal questions.M35 Lot number and decal questions.M35 Lot number and decal questions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Lot number and decal questions.
    P
    Many

The lot number is just a simple number that can only give us information if we have a large enough list to derive information off. With this lot number date of production of your helmet would be 1940.
    All the other information about your helmet is just there , it is an M35 and it has a heer decal. Another helmet with the same lot number could have a luftwaffe decal so decals are not related to lot numbers.
    Too bad that you broke the rivet , it is best to never manipulate the parts to look for markings.

Thanks! for the info!
    I knew I was risking it trying to bend the rivet; I knew I should have just left it there because the markings I found didn't tell me anything.
    Very foolish.