Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Q DD SS from positions T-Division

Article about: Here is a nice and well preserved M35 DD SS, found on Eastern Front battlefield in positions of the Totenkopf Division I am told. Rune decal has faded mostly but it is clear what it once was

Default M35 Q DD SS from positions T-Division

Here is a nice and well preserved M35 DD SS, found on Eastern Front battlefield in positions of the Totenkopf Division I am told. Rune decal has faded mostly but it is clear what it once was. Party decal was painted over. Lots of paint remaining and very solid shell. Seems to be a Q64 with lot nr. 507. In the Helmet Vault lot number database this lot number exists and belongs to another M35 SS DD. What do you think of this one?

M35 Q DD SS from positions T-DivisionM35 Q DD SS from positions T-DivisionM35 Q DD SS from positions T-DivisionM35 Q DD SS from positions T-DivisionM35 Q DD SS from positions T-DivisionM35 Q DD SS from positions T-DivisionM35 Q DD SS from positions T-DivisionM35 Q DD SS from positions T-DivisionM35 Q DD SS from positions T-DivisionM35 Q DD SS from positions T-DivisionM35 Q DD SS from positions T-DivisionM35 Q DD SS from positions T-DivisionM35 Q DD SS from positions T-DivisionM35 Q DD SS from positions T-DivisionM35 Q DD SS from positions T-Division

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Q DD SS from positions T-Division
    P
    Many

Does this M35 strike everyone with utter silence , or is it something else :-)?

TWS
    ?

It looks believable to me. However, due to the lack of decal remaining + the fact I am hardly an expert on SS decals, I cannot render a strong opinion on the decal. It seems that there are pits among the decal remnants, but not under the decal remnants - so that is a point in its favor.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

To my untrained eye the helmet looks to be period but... Good luck in your search for answers.

I think the runes were painted over as well and someone has done some aggressive scrubbing to reveal it ( losing some of it in the process )
    I know because I have several relics from bogs and swamps in Russia and Ukraine that have ( unavoidably ) ended up the same via the cleaning process - what can one do?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "