Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M35 relic

Article about: Hi people I hope everyone is well. Helmets of any description are few and far between these days but I did pick this up last weekend. No makers mark that I can find but it is an M35 size 62

Default M35 relic

Hi people I hope everyone is well. Helmets of any description are few and far between these days but I did pick this up last weekend.
    No makers mark that I can find but it is an M35 size 62 and it has a 3 digit batch number 2?8, the colour looks sky blue but could be a shade of light grey.
    Thoughts and or opinions appreciated. Many thanks BM35 relicM35 relicM35 relicM35 relicM35 relicM35 relicM35 relicM35 relicM35 relicM35 relicM35 relic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 relic
    P
    Many

Hi there,
    With the passage of 8 decades, its hard to tell WHEN the light colour was added - but it is an original shell so that's a plus these days!
    Cheers, Dan

Hi BT,

I think you’ll find it’s actually an M40 as the vent holes are pressed rather than separate inserts as you would see on model M35 at least from what I can see in the photos. Looks to be some post war paint as it appears over a pitted surface particularly around the vent. The colour is also unlike faded feldgrau or what you would expect from a shell that has been treated with Oxalic acid etc. also lacking patina.

But as Dan says, it’s an original shell so still pretty cool.

Andy

Hi Andy definately an M35 you can see the rivet in the interior shot. I don't think it has ever been cleaned and the paint looks to have been on it a long time , couldn't say whether it's original or not but I like it.

All good BT, hard to see in the pics. What the paint does have in its favour is that the wear is in the expected locations i.e. where it would be handled. Really not sure about the colour but can just see a little bit of dark grey perhaps feldgrau in a few spots.