Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 stahlhelm - Red flag??

Article about: Hi everyone, I saw this Stahlhelm for sale. It looks nice but I am a little worried about it. I see what looks like some repairs at the front rim. I see clear metal and no patina (rust). Als

Default M35 stahlhelm - Red flag??

Hi everyone,

I saw this Stahlhelm for sale. It looks nice but I am a little worried about it. I see what looks like some repairs at the front rim. I see clear metal and no patina (rust). Also I see in the stamping in the ET64 with lotnr 4061 that the T is a little bit higher stamped than the E. With fakes all over the place I get a little paranoid. So please let me know your opinion.

Cheers Paul

Thx
    Last edited by MAP; 10-15-2020 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Title corrected

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 stahlhelm - Red flag??
    P
    Many

It's an M35 shell rather than an M38, as identified by the riveted vents. It looks authentic, but the repairs to the visor and the hole drilled in the front appear to indicate some sort of postwar modification that has since been undone.

B.B.

I agree with BB's statement.

I had a similar helmet with two holes neatly punch into the front near the visor. There's a possibility this helmet had a pole attached to it, and it was used as a feed scoop on some European farm.

Best Regards- Jarret

Of course an M35. What was I thinking. Thanks for your comments. I think I will pass on this one.

Cheers Paul