Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 LW Wire

Article about: Here is an interesting LW helmet from flak position somewhere on WW2 Eastern front. It has remain of cloth sticking on it and a peculiar attached wire. Also a ring on the wire, but for what

Default M40 LW Wire

Here is an interesting LW helmet from flak position somewhere on WW2 Eastern front. It has remain of cloth sticking on it and a peculiar attached wire. Also a ring on the wire, but for what purpose? Anyone having idea's on that?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 LW Wire   M40 LW Wire  

M40 LW Wire   M40 LW Wire  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 LW Wire
    P
    Many

An interesting relic. The wire etc appears to have been on there a long time and the ring looks similar to a grenade pull ring, but no idea of the reason for it being there. Interestingly, this wire setup is similar to one posted a few days ago where the wire was connected to the chin strap bales.
    M.40 helmet, please your opinios are welcome and important

Andy

Interesting , goes to show that sometimes you need to be patient for additional info to turn up to solidify a theory. Like Andy I'm talking about that topic where we discussed the wire being attached on the D ring.
    Nice to see.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Interesting , goes to show that sometimes you need to be patient for additional info to turn up to solidify a theory. Like Andy I'm talking about that topic where we discussed the wire being attached on the D ring.
    Nice to see.
    ROFL!!! Yes. Not lost on me

But always happy to be corrected!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    ROFL!!! Yes. Not lost on me

But always happy to be corrected!!
    It was not a dig at you Michael :-)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    It was not a dig at you Michael :-)
    Oh no.....not what I meant at all. LoL. I never thought it was a dig at me.

Basically, it just that I noticed the wire on these bales immediately when I saw the photos and thought back to my comment from last week. Fortuitous timing!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Oh no.....not what I meant at all. LoL. I never thought it was a dig at me.

Basically, it just that I noticed the wire on these bales immediately when I saw the photos and thought back to my comment from last week. Fortuitous timing!
    Sometimes a little luck is needed, sometimes it takes years to find similar examples.