Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M40 unit numbered Battle damaged Luft in good condition

Article about: I just got this today. Its a really neat helmet showing the battle damage but Maybe the soldier survived the wound since I dont see any exit . Who knows though it was found in Russia in the

FNG
    ?

Default M40 unit numbered Battle damaged Luft in good condition

I just got this today. Its a really neat helmet showing the battle damage but Maybe the soldier survived the wound since I dont see any exit . Who knows though it was found in Russia in the clay. Hard to find good relics like this . The liner is very soft

anyone have any idea what unit number this is ?

I do apologize with the photos I still cant get my computer to fix these when I upload them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 unit numbered Battle damaged Luft in good condition   M40 unit numbered Battle damaged Luft in good condition  

M40 unit numbered Battle damaged Luft in good condition   M40 unit numbered Battle damaged Luft in good condition  

M40 unit numbered Battle damaged Luft in good condition   M40 unit numbered Battle damaged Luft in good condition  

M40 unit numbered Battle damaged Luft in good condition  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 unit numbered Battle damaged Luft in good condition
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Clay really preserves these helmets. Amazing condition. Congrats

That said....my neck hurts I highly recommend you down load your photos to your PC, then rotate, and save. Then upload directly from your PC. Sometimes an additional edit like a tiny crop is needed to lock in the rotation. The issue is not with the forum software but with the orientation your phone is using. It looks correct when viewing it on the phone but actually it is not.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

FNG
    ?

Thanks for your post. The funny thing is I did upload on computer and the pictures were straight until I loaded them on software and it turned then. I'll mess around with them and see what I can do. Thanks for the advice

MAP
    ?

Quote by FNG View Post
    Thanks for your post. The funny thing is I did upload on computer and the pictures were straight until I loaded them on software and it turned then. I'll mess around with them and see what I can do. Thanks for the advice
    Yes. Even if they download and look correct on your PC, still rotate them again and then do a quick minor edit (like a crop). This almost always works.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The other thing you can do is open the image using Paint, then just do nothing other than saving it again, this also locks the rotation.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

FNG
    ?

I will try that thank you

An interesting M35 relic DD Luftwaffe helmet which looks to be an early one judging by the brass rivet heads. I like how you can see the outline around the Luft decal where the later paint was omitted. Sorry I can’t help with the stamps.

Andy

If you edit your pictures so that they are wider than they are tall, the orientation will stay correct.

FNG
    ?

I was wondering the same thing..ill try that

- - ------- - -

I think it's a neat one. Super curious with stamps