Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M42 ckl 64 bullet dented shell - target practice?

Article about: Hi guys, I'm moving on some of my relics and before this one leaves me for the next custodian, I thought I'd show it as I don't think I have before.....?? Bought out of the UK about 10 years

Default M42 ckl 64 bullet dented shell - target practice?

Hi guys,
    I'm moving on some of my relics and before this one leaves me for the next custodian, I thought I'd show it as I don't think I have before.....??

Bought out of the UK about 10 years ago, I found it intriguing enough to add to my collection. It is a ckl made M42 helmet, lot number 4271 and possibly a 64cm although the stamping is very light. The paint is typical mid war and the decal has been roughly over-painted as per the October 1943 requirement.

It seems to have been used for target practice - or maybe even testing?? as there are numerous bullet strikes from all directions, some actually cracking the steel and the lead splat is clearly visible in the impressions. Shot at by a bored allied soldier and sent home as a war trophy or done by bubba post war? ... I guess we'll never know but it is a good talking point!

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 ckl 64 bullet dented shell - target practice?   M42 ckl 64 bullet dented shell - target practice?  

M42 ckl 64 bullet dented shell - target practice?   M42 ckl 64 bullet dented shell - target practice?  

M42 ckl 64 bullet dented shell - target practice?   M42 ckl 64 bullet dented shell - target practice?  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 ckl 64 bullet dented shell - target practice?
    P
    Many