Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M42 Luftwaffe chicken wire helmet

Article about: Hey, I found this Luftwaffe chicken wire helmet with the eagle and paint still quite intact. But is this an original, I know there are a lot of fakes out there.

Default M42 Luftwaffe chicken wire helmet

Hey, I found this Luftwaffe chicken wire helmet with the eagle and paint still quite intact. But is this an original, I know there are a lot of fakes out there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Luftwaffe chicken wire helmet   M42 Luftwaffe chicken wire helmet  

M42 Luftwaffe chicken wire helmet   M42 Luftwaffe chicken wire helmet  

M42 Luftwaffe chicken wire helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Luftwaffe chicken wire helmet
    P
    Many

Hello,
    The helmet shell itself looks original, can't tell about the decal remains though- since there are no close up pictures. The wire doesn't look original to the helmet- the condition of the wire and helmet shell doesn't "match" in my opinion- maybe the others will share their opinion.

Okay, thanks for your reply.

?

It looks like the chicken wire was put on after the split pins were removed. Obershutze is right the corrosion is inconsistent, especially when you look at the inside of the helmet pic.

MAP
    ?

Agree. The wire is not original to the helmet. Should have a lot more corrosion in line with the helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree the wire does not look original, personally I'd take the wire off and take a better look at the decal unless you wanted to keep the wire on as display. Is the lot number 5555? I like the shell for that alone!