Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M42 Stahlhelm hkp-64 Batch nr.4594

Article about: Hello, This is my first thread. Just wanted to share photos of german M42 helmet, which was found by myself in ww2 positions, laying in the corner of a bunker at depth of 1meter in 2019. Acc

Default M42 Stahlhelm hkp-64 Batch nr.4594

Hello,

This is my first thread. Just wanted to share photos of german M42 helmet, which was found by myself in ww2 positions, laying in the corner of a bunker at depth of 1meter in 2019. According to available open source information from archives and topographic maps, in that area were stationed units from Wehrmacht 290. Infantry division and later 11.Infantry division, 44. Grenadier Regiment, 2. Batalion in time period from december 1944.-may 1945. The helmet is manufactured by: hkp, shell size: 64, batch nr. :4594

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Stahlhelm hkp-64 Batch nr.4594
    P
    Many

P.S. I might be wrong with the 2nd battalion of 44. Grendier regiment- because on lexikon der Wehrmacht it shows up that it was lost in 1942.

Congrats , good find and please never lose the photos.

Thank You for the kind words. I have learned from my past mistakes in regard to the photos and videos from my metaldetecting trips. I did have quite extensive photo and video gallery from my early trips with finds- but something happened with the computer and i lost all of them. From that time on i always store copies of images and videos also in external hard drive. There are more photos and even video from recovery where i asked a comrade to do the final digging while i captured it on video. So far it is the 2nd M42 helmet in such condition i had found in last 10 years probably, the first one was recovered without photos, because it was winter and allready night when the helmet was found, and all i had was cheap cellphone with awfull camera. I might ask comrade to borrow the helmet for photos just to save them for future reference.

What a fascinating piece of history and very well preserved! You are very lucky that you live in an area where you can go and discover these types of items.

Thanks for posting!
    Andy

I appreciate the positive feedback. It certainly is benefit to live in a part of country where once was so called "Courland pocket", the only disadvantage is that it is getting harder and harder to find ww2 positions that haven't been explored allready. Thanks.

Default Photo attachments

Sorry, i managed to delete photos somehow.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Stahlhelm hkp-64 Batch nr.4594   M42 Stahlhelm hkp-64 Batch nr.4594  

M42 Stahlhelm hkp-64 Batch nr.4594   M42 Stahlhelm hkp-64 Batch nr.4594  

M42 Stahlhelm hkp-64 Batch nr.4594  

MAP
    ?

A great find! Congrats!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank You! That is the reason why i still enjoy metaldetecting after all these years- even though i don't consider myself that lucky- it takes a lot of time and other means to find something like that, and then the odds- i had seen it with my own eyes, when in one bunker where a helmet was in excelent condition in next one literary couple meters further at the same depth roughly another helmet was found and half of it was completly gone.