Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M42 Stahlhelm SD WH repaint with traces of wintercamo.

Article about: Hi, Recently one of my comrades asked to help out with preservation of a german M42 helmet after it was cleaned in oxalic acid. The helmet has no visible makers markings, lot nr. and size st

Default M42 Stahlhelm SD WH repaint with traces of wintercamo.

Hi,
    Recently one of my comrades asked to help out with preservation of a german M42 helmet after it was cleaned in oxalic acid. The helmet has no visible makers markings, lot nr. and size stampings inside on the shell due relic condition. To me it seemed to be interesting example, since at first was in dark green color had a Wehrmacht decal, then it was repainted, and at some point it seems it had wintercamo which was removed. So far i know that the helmet was found in Kurland.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Stahlhelm SD WH repaint with traces of wintercamo.   M42 Stahlhelm SD WH repaint with traces of wintercamo.  

M42 Stahlhelm SD WH repaint with traces of wintercamo.   M42 Stahlhelm SD WH repaint with traces of wintercamo.  

M42 Stahlhelm SD WH repaint with traces of wintercamo.   M42 Stahlhelm SD WH repaint with traces of wintercamo.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Stahlhelm SD WH repaint with traces of wintercamo.
    P
    Many

?

Great job restore some paint job back..... it look better then before..... its a good relic piece !!!!!

Quote by M35DD View Post
    Great job restore some paint job back..... it look better then before..... its a good relic piece !!!!!
    Thank You- there wasn't that much work to be honest- I simply coated the helmet with bee wax, to isolate the metal from oxygen and humidity.