Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

My german relic stahlhelm

Article about: Hey all, I recently became interested in collecting WWII relics, and I decided to buy a Stahlhelm. I purchased it from a group of Russians who excavate battlefields. This helmet supposedly c

?

Question My german relic stahlhelm

Hey all, I recently became interested in collecting WWII relics, and I decided to buy a Stahlhelm. I purchased it from a group of Russians who excavate battlefields. This helmet supposedly came from the area of Stalingrad, but I obviously have no way to prove this.
    Here are some pictures and incase you need more, I can provide them.

My german relic stahlhelmMy german relic stahlhelmMy german relic stahlhelmMy german relic stahlhelmMy german relic stahlhelm

Since this is my first purchase in WWII relics, I decided to come here to seek a professional review. You all seem to be very educated on these topics, so I fully trust all of you.

The obvious question, of course, is the helmet authentic and not a replica? It seems to me that it is authentic since the rust would be hard to replicate on a fake, but you all will know better than me. Is the winter camo fake? I've seen that winter camos are some of the rarest and so probably the most faked. Also, is the decal authentic, since it's been rusted and not easily visible anymore? Also this is a M40 right?

I'd love to get some of your opinions, and I'm thrilled to finally have an assurance about the helmet. It will be a lesson regardless, if it turns out to be authentic or faked. Thanks to all!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My german relic stahlhelm
    P
    Many

At a glance it appears genuine but please upload higher resolution zoomable photos so we can see clearly the required features.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I have copied zone of the site linked pictures for the forum to look at. I'm really not sure about the decal, whether the colour is a result of chemical treatment or a more recent addition. As to the pedigree, it looks like an M35 with the outside grommets missing?

Does indeed look like a genuine helmet and an M35, judging also by what looks like an early aluminium (perhaps reinforced) liner band and chinstrap buckles. Aside from that it’s very hard to assess anything else based on the photos from the dealers site. For example we’d want to see where the white wash is, if thats what it is, sits. For example, is it in the pits or on the high points only? And also as BlackCat said, the decal, which is an important thing to evaluate on any helmet. Sometimes even relics are humped up a bit with fake deals and snow camos etc. However, with some better photos I’m hopeful we can tell you, you got a good one.

Andy

MAP
    ?

I'm leaning towards it being good but these are quite easy to fake. So concur with Andy
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for putting the sellers photos up BC - but even they aren't much chop
    Looks like paint AND some calcium buildup to me ....wish they were clearer. Maybe the OP can do some when he gets it?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Looks like a good helmet to me. They were afraid or unable to take out the liner, I hope it is solid when you get it in hand.

Glad to help. I think it is possible that it is all good (it would not be easy to apply a fake decal over such a corroded shell in my opinion) but it's colour is odd to me.