Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New collector - Relic Helmets

Article about: I stumbled upon the Stalingrad front website and for an amateur the helmets seem legit and I guess the added points of having the store in former Stalingrad. I wanted to buy a few helmets bu

Default New collector - Relic Helmets

I stumbled upon the Stalingrad front website and for an amateur the helmets seem legit and I guess the added points of having the store in former Stalingrad.

I wanted to buy a few helmets but I’ve read a few threads that they have had issues before. Is this site to be avoided?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New collector - Relic Helmets
    P
    Many

I've heard mixed reviews from StalingradFront.com and I've seen some fake signs on there too. Some of their items I think are legit while others are fake or not right. I'd be very careful!

I've purchased from them a month ago, Waiting on a SSH36 from them. They say COVID has caused Delays once more in their mailing system and I have not received the helmet yet. Can try and keep you updated.

Check out this thread: SS helmet from Rostov

And ask yourself if you would want to purchase from a dealer like this?

There is a reason they were booted from the forum as one of the sponsors.

Nick

Some people have had good experiences with them, but why take the risk when there are umpteen better dealers to choose from?

If it's relic helmets you're after, the UK-based dealer 'Relics from the Front' is a solid choice: WW2H | Relics from the Front

There are others, and when it comes to relics, eBay can be a terrific source too. But as even relic lids are faked these days, you do have to be cautious. The best course of action, facing even the slightest bit of doubt, is to post a prospective purchase here on the forum before parting with any cash. Do that, and you can never go wrong.

Regards, B.B.

Would highly recommend this

Elite Spin Militaria

?

SF: I got around 15 helmets and some other stuff from them - no problems so far.
    Last one was this Italian helmet from Voronezh (Stalingrad):
    New collector - Relic Helmets

Thanks for you input. I do collect in other areas and a rule of thumb is if a dealer sells some questionable objects you can't really be confident anything in his stock is legit.

I understand the more expensive helmets being fake but do battle damaged relics with a price around $200-$300 get commonly faked as well? Seems like a hassle.

I will keep the two sites suggested in my bookmarks but currently their stock seems a bit low. If anyone has other sites they trust and can PM me it would be greatly appreciated, google has NOT been helpful.

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Would highly recommend this

Elite Spin Militaria
    Is this still trading, I thought the owner had passed away?

Yes they are by all means. The contact I have is Alexey very nice and friendly guy. In case anyone is interested I enclose his email

german-militaria@yandex.ru

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Is this still trading, I thought the owner had passed away?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast