Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

New Relic Lid!

Article about: Yeah, it'll be cool even if the liner can't be refitted.

Default New Relic Lid!

G'day all, just thought i'd show off my New Relic i scored, i haven't received it yet but it's winging it's way to me as we speak.
    It was ground dNew Relic Lid!ug in Estonia and the seller said they will also send me some photo copies of the dig itself and a map of the battlefield!! Can't wait

Cheers Phill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Relic Lid!
    P
    Many

Default Re: New Relic Lid!

Looks liks a solid relic and and its good to see a liner with it.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Does look like a good solid lid, Phill.
    Are you going to leave as is, or do a resto on her.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

G'day Eric, Steve, Thats the $64 dollar question Steve, and wont know till i get it, i would deffinately like to clean it up and reattach the liner

A good candidate for some reconstructive work ...... looks like a dry soil find?
    Cheers, Dan

Quote by Danmark View Post
    A good candidate for some reconstructive work ...... looks like a dry soil find?
    Cheers, Dan
    Gday Mate, Looking at the condition of the leather you're probably right I've never had one with a liner before which i think is what made me buy it as they don't come together too often. Imust admit i'm a tad exited

I'll be very curious to see how you refit the liner. I see the pins are still in the shell so i'm guessing the outer liner band is just a mass of rust (thereby holding the rivet heads in place) and the inner liner is rusted away (which is why the leather liner is loose).

I have this situation with my relic wire M40 and double sided tape is all I coud think of to 'refit' the crusty old liner and that method would just look too hokey IMO so the liner is still seperate from the shell to this day.

You have any photos of your helmet interior?

Gday Glenn, I'm hearing ya Mate, i wont know exactly what can be done till i have it in my Hot little hands.. and no unfortunately thats the only pic i have.

?

Nice helmet mate. Did you only pay 64 $ for that lid? Those guys are cheap... I guess the Euro crisis must have hit Estonia.

Regards, Lars

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Nice helmet mate. Did you only pay 64 $ for that lid? Those guys are cheap... I guess the Euro crisis must have hit Estonia.

Regards, Lars
    G'day Lars, Did you see it too? I think it was something like that when i saw it but i ended up getting it for just under a C note but iv'e got the postage on top which is always a killer! but i figured with the liner and digging details i got a pretty Good deal

Cheers Phill

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast