Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

nice relic helmet with decals, but what kind of decals?

Article about: Hi there, I have recently bought this helmet and i would like to know what kind of decals could have been on this helmet. This helmet has some cracks in it what (i think) happened during the

Default nice relic helmet with decals, but what kind of decals?

Hi there,

I have recently bought this helmet and i would like to know what kind of decals could have been on this helmet. This helmet has some cracks in it what (i think) happened during the ww2. I think it's a realy nice helmet but i'm also interested in your opinion. On one side there is a little red piece of paint from de decal left and on the other side you can see it more clearly. The only problem is that i can't see what kind of decal it was.
    Hope you guys can help

Cheers!nice relic helmet with decals, but what kind of decals?nice relic helmet with decals, but what kind of decals?nice relic helmet with decals, but what kind of decals?nice relic helmet with decals, but what kind of decals?nice relic helmet with decals, but what kind of decals?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement nice relic helmet with decals, but what kind of decals?
    P
    Many

Default Re: nice relic helmet with decals, but what kind of decals?

Its an M35 Helmet, and from the looks of it, should be a Heer decal. Looks like I can just make out whats left of the national shield as well on the other side.

On the other side of the helmet there is a little bit of red paint left of a decal i think from the tricolore (black-white-red). What do you think about this helmet. Do you like it?:P

cheers,

I agree, it looks like a double-decal heer M35. Can you post a close-up shot of the national shield?

I could post a close up picture of the national shield. It's only a tiny bit left, not so much to photograph.
    I think i dindn't do bad on my first helmet cause it only cost me 40 euro's..

cheers,

Not bad at all! Where was it dug?

To be realy honest, i don't know. I will ask the previous owner. .. I'm quite proud to have this helmet in my collection.

cheers,

?

Those cracks could well be concusion fractures from the nearby explosion that resulted in this helmet being separated from it's owner.....zum gedenken

Ok... never thought of something like that.. Could it realy be caused by something like that? :O
    I hope that the owners head wasn't inside of this helmet when the blast occured.
    Thanks for the info.

cheers,

?

Yeh I reckon they are concussion fractures, rather than rust damage. I have s relic eith similar but smaller cracks in it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast