Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Norwegian/German decals M40

Article about: Hi there,I'm new to the forum so hello to all.I was hoping someone might be able to add some insight on this helmet shell I picked up recently.The stamps are Q64 and 872.From the partial rem

Default Norwegian/German decals M40

Hi there,I'm new to the forum so hello to all.I was hoping someone might be able to add some insight on this helmet shell I picked up recently.The stamps are Q64 and 872.From the partial remains on the decals I think it's a repurposed Norwegian M40.
    On the images you can see the German decals are underneath the Norwegian ones(what little are left that is)It seems to be SS and party decals.Thanks folks
    Norwegian/German decals M40Norwegian/German decals M40Norwegian/German decals M40Norwegian/German decals M40Norwegian/German decals M40Norwegian/German decals M40

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Norwegian/German decals M40
    P
    Many

Definitely a repurposed Norwegian one. The paint match many others I have seen (there is not exactly one color Norway used).

The Lion Decal is original and is of the first type with the noticeably cartoonish lower paw toes and fingers on the bottom of the axe handle.

Norwegian/German decals M40

I can't comment on the German decals as I do not study those.

MAP
    ?

The party shield decal is post war applied. And appears to be applied OVER another Norwegian decal.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

If you look real close with a magnifying glass, I'm sure you'll see the "German" decals are actually OVER the top, not underneath the Norwegian ones. The reason being, the repurposed Norwegian helmets were fully stripped of any original paint and repainted & decaled, so there cannot be any original German decals present.

For sure ( like dozens of others ) the fake German SS decals were added at a later stage....

( MAP types faster than me ... )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    If you look real close with a magnifying glass, I'm sure you'll see the "German" decals are actually OVER the top, not underneath the Norwegian ones. The reason being, the repurposed Norwegian helmets were fully stripped of any original paint and repainted & decaled, so there cannot be any original German decals present.

For sure ( like dozens of others ) the fake German SS decals were added at a later stage....

( MAP types faster than me ... )
    Oh.....I missed the Runes decal. Was so focused on the party shield......so ya got me on that one.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)