Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Opinion on heer decal?

Article about: Hi guys, I'm looking at this relic helmet, and would like to know your opinion on the decal. It looks good to me, but I'm not experienced enough to tell for sure, thought I'd ask before I'd

Default Opinion on heer decal?

Hi guys,

I'm looking at this relic helmet, and would like to know your opinion on the decal.
    It looks good to me, but I'm not experienced enough to tell for sure, thought I'd ask before I'd buy it.

Opinion on heer decal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on heer decal?
    P
    Many

The wear on the decal seemed legit to me, so I decided to buy it.

Thought I'd show some better pictures, unfortunately the sun had disappeared moments before, so the lighting is bad...

The helmet is from Russia, that's all I know.

Opinion on heer decal?

Opinion on heer decal?

Opinion on heer decal?

Opinion on heer decal?

Would I be correct in saying this is an ET decal?

Hard to determine, but i like the helmet and decal, i have a Luftwaffe one that has an similar - exceptionally well preserved decal while the helmet itself has rusted heavily on some parts. Very nice helmet.

How does the inside look?

Thanks Adravor,

I was looking for a relic with a nice decal for some time now, so I'm happy with it.
    I think a Luftwaffe relic would be next on my list, would like to see a picture of yours if you have one.

The inside of the helmet is rough, my guess is there was a lot of caked-on rust in there that was cleaned out.

Opinion on heer decal?

Interesting, the Linerband is indeed really far gone, worse then the outside.

Opinion on heer decal?Opinion on heer decal?Opinion on heer decal?

Here is mine, its a Size 60 (i could still read the size on the linerband), and i suspect it has been in contact with fire/something hot, as the paint is very bubbily in some parts, it was found in a dump hole in the german Erzgebirge, together with an SS helmet and a few others.

Wow that's a small size, a flakhelper maybe? Interesting helmet.

Quiet possible, and yes definitly. Its one of these relic helmets - like yours, which are special and really a keeper!

Yes, I agree!