Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinion on these two helmets please

Article about: Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen I would be very grateful if the learned people on here could give their opinions on these two helmets that I have seen for sale. Many thanks Black Buck On

Default Opinion on these two helmets please

Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen

I would be very grateful if the learned people on here could give their opinions on these two helmets that I have seen for sale.

Many thanks

Black Buck One (Michael)

Opinion on these two helmets pleaseOpinion on these two helmets pleaseOpinion on these two helmets pleaseOpinion on these two helmets pleaseOpinion on these two helmets pleaseOpinion on these two helmets pleaseOpinion on these two helmets pleaseOpinion on these two helmets pleaseOpinion on these two helmets pleaseOpinion on these two helmets please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on these two helmets please
    P
    Many

I'm not an expert on German helmets, but the tricolour looks to be deliberately aged and I'm not a fan of the tan painted helmet, the decal looks to me like there's missing details.

I'd happily stand corrected,

Matt

Thank, Matt.

yes I agree the decal on the tan helmet doesn't look right, too new as well.

It's the Luftwaffe one I'm more interested in, being ex-RAF I'd quite like one but it seems a bit of a minefield with fakes.

Cheers

Michael

Like Matt I don't claim to be expert where these are concerned but I think Matt was talking about the tricolour on the LW helmet, this is exactly why we don't like to have multiple items in one post as it causes confusion.

Anyway, I don't like the tan helmet for the reasons already stated.

As for the Tricolour I agree that it looks deliberately aged, note the very obvious "up and down" rub marks as if someone rubbed it with Sctochbrite. Totally at odds with the random nature of "life on Earth" To me it also looks rather thick and sticker like. Not like a genuine decal of the period. Also, without delving into the fine points of the LW eagle (as I said I am not that qualified) it looks to me as if it has been applied on top of pitting in the shell which is frankly impossible in the case of a genuine item.

You are right to post here and ask but unless one of the helmet aficionados here has a more learned opinion I would not entertain either of these.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Not an expert on German helmets either but they both look faked. On the Luftwaffe one both decals look artificially aged and on the Heer one the decal looks horrible, almost hand painted.

I am sure the heavy artillery will be here soon to give a much more professional verdict though

The guys are correct, all the decals are fake.

Worst fakes ever…

Thank you very much, Gentlemen.

I wasn't sure and thought they looked dodgy, hence I asked for more expert opinions.

Much appreciated.

Cheers

Michael

Very bad fakes. Camo helmet decal looks like its was attempting to be a bigfoot?

TWS
    ?

Those are very bad. Steer clear.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast