Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please some help with odd M35 relic

Article about: Hello guys, I bought this relic helmet M35. There are multiple layes of paint on the shell. Base layer seems to be a light "apple green" then a layer of field grey, white and some

?

Default Please some help with odd M35 relic

Hello guys,

I bought this relic helmet M35.
    There are multiple layes of paint on the shell.
    Base layer seems to be a light "apple green" then a layer of field grey, white and some sort of dark grey.
    On the inside of the shell are 2 runes visible.
    In the front one single S rune, at the backside a rune that looks like " the 7th Prinz Eugen" rune.
    The left aise decal is still under 1or 2 layers of paint. The right side decal still under 3 of 4 layers of paint. (There are minor pieces of white visible on this decal.
    Any thoughts about this piece

Greetings Ull
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please some help with odd M35 relic   Please some help with odd M35 relic  

Please some help with odd M35 relic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please some help with odd M35 relic
    P
    Many

?

Two other pictures of the runes

Ull
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please some help with odd M35 relic   Please some help with odd M35 relic  

To my inexperienced eyes, the runes have been added more recently to boost the helmet. Others will chime in.
    John

Thats really an odd one, but so far i see no red flags. The way the paint is "bubbly" is definitly odd, but an possibility why it is like that could be heat. I have seen an helmet that had similar bubbles and which was probably burned by americans after they captured it.

The red Rune and the Single Sieg Rune is definitly interesting, that could ofc. point towards the 7th, but it could also just be a soldier who thought these where "cool" hard to tell.

Definitly a helmet that saw a lot of the war, with that number of repaints it certainly saw a lot of action during the war.

?

Hi John
    Thank you for the reply
    The Runes came above after cleaning wit Oxalic acid,before cleaning the inside was rusty

Greetings Ull

?

Hi Adravor thanks for your help
    I think you are correct about the bubbles beneath the layers of paint,and the runes?maybe it will be a question forever,but i can find myself in your opinion.

Greetings Ull

Oh, you cleaned it yourself? Very good job then! Really interesting helmet, one of those special relics!

?

Hi Adravor

Oxalic acid is so good to clean iron,it don't remove painting,only rust

Enjoy it while you can - having collected many, many relic dug helmets like these, after 10 years in the atmosphere, no matter what I tried ( wax, plastic bags, spray lacquer ) the helmets continue to shed small flakes as the corrosion works its way on the material - rust truly NEVER SLEEPS!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

So true that is the way it is
    Quote by Danmark View Post
    Enjoy it while you can - having collected many, many relic dug helmets like these, after 10 years in the atmosphere, no matter what I tried ( wax, plastic bags, spray lacquer ) the helmets continue to shed small flakes as the corrosion works its way on the material - rust truly NEVER SLEEPS!!!