Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Relic ET64 SD Heer From Narva

Article about: Good evening everyone, Just thought I’d show off my most recent purchase, and my first one in a very long time (decided to get back into collecting after scaling back and selling off a lot).

Default Relic ET64 SD Heer From Narva

Good evening everyone,
    Just thought I’d show off my most recent purchase, and my first one in a very long time (decided to get back into collecting after scaling back and selling off a lot). It’s a Relic Single Decal Heer helmet found near the Auwere Station in Narva. Battle damage can be seen where the crack is on the top near the deterioration (as a result of how it was lay) and also on the rim. Apart from where it’s deteriorated from the ground it’s completely solid and a lovely lid, found by one of the moderators here.
    Hope everyone enjoys this as much as I do and kindest regards,
    Harvey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic ET64 SD Heer From Narva   Relic ET64 SD Heer From Narva  

Relic ET64 SD Heer From Narva   Relic ET64 SD Heer From Narva  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic ET64 SD Heer From Narva
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Surprised the decal is in such good condition with that much rusting to the top!

Congrats
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Sorry, but I don’t think the decal is correct. Jim G.

My first thoughts too. The decal looks remarkably fresh. Any photos of the interior?

Andy

Good morning Gents.
    Photo attached of the interior. The photos I had to scale down in quality due to the size of them so possibly that’s resulted in the details being lost in favour of being able to post them. If the helmet was found with the top out the ground and the rest inside or some sort of configuration of that it’s possible the deterioration could have happened as so? The bogs of Estonia are brilliant for preservation.

Once it’s here with me I’ll take a closer and higher resolution photo of the decal and post it on here to clear up any issues, as I’ve got entire confidence in the seller whom I’ve met a few time’s and bought off before. I’m still learning however so more than happy to listen and learn from collectors who’ve been in the game longer than I have

Kindest regards and apologies for such an early morning reply,
    Harvey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic ET64 SD Heer From Narva  

Hello Harvey,

Thanks for the additional photo. Posted below and for comparison is a DD M35 that I purchased a few years back and in similar condition to your example. The condition of the Heer decal on my example is almost non-existent.

That’s said, I have no idea about the conditions that either of our helmets have been through over the last last 70 years or so and that may have made the difference.

When you have the lid in hand some good outside pics of the entire helmet and decal would be good.

Andy

Many thanks Andy, that is one lovely helmet by the way, if you ever lose interest in keeping it let me know haha

I will do mate, should be with me at some point in the week, apart from the heavy deterioration on the top the rest of the rust looks to be pitting rather than anything as serious as the top of the helmet so that’s why I assumed that the top and sides of the helmet must’ve been exposed to different conditions.

This relic one of mine from out of the Ukraine has a pretty tasty decal - so its not outside the realms of possibility to have a nice birdy on a rusty lid.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic ET64 SD Heer From Narva   Relic ET64 SD Heer From Narva  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

That’s an absolute corker mate, love it! Which ever poor soul had that on would’ve had quite the headache at least, thank you for sharing

Quote by HetzersGonnaHetz View Post
    That’s an absolute corker mate, love it! Which ever poor soul had that on would’ve had quite the headache at least, thank you for sharing
    .....theres a hit to the front too ( check the liner band deformation..ouch!! )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic ET64 SD Heer From Narva  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast