Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Relic Helmets from Estonia

Article about: More

Jan
    ?

Default Re: Relic Helmets from Estonia

These will pop up by the thousands in the coming years. I really hope at least a few of them wont be destroyed by overcleaning (. I predict this will be a serius problem in the future in the search for SS helmets, prove me wrong sirs...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic Helmets from Estonia
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

In Finland a lot of ww1 sites are already protected by law and excavating is forbidden. protecting the battlefields from ww2 is also well under way, for instance in the Hanko area.

Jan
    ?

Feel free to comment

?

So, I'am on the way to Hanko before the law will be accepted
    But seriously I'am planning vacation there with a family this year. I like the Hanko, I was wondered that when I was visit the Soviet monument there was a fresh flowers on it.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Paul are you from estonia or brit?
    To:Jan if i remember correctly Sinimäed are forbiden to dig in estonia.

?

Hello and welcome to the forum , i am British but i spend a lot of time , as much as i can in Estonia
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I don;t think it's allowed to dig everywhere, if the area is hidden, it's will be allways an interest for the peoples who want to dig. Another aspect is that some peoples in Estonia will officially forbid the Tannenberg line for digging, IMO it;s a absurd
    Firstly: the peoples who live in that area will dig here- permitted or not.
    Secondary: If that will be absolutely forcbidden area, even for Volksbund representative peoples ( who are only 0.01% from the people who dig) Then other rest of 99.9% will dig there and really destroy the ability to find and recognize the remains of fallen soldiers. Another aspect that is the main area of German Volksbund interests there.
    But I don't believe that Volksbund will have not permission to work this area.
    The problem is just the walking /park zone over the fallen soldiers, who are still not recognized and not properly burried...
    If someone things that this area is full of artifacts- I will say no. There a rusty trough helmets due of agressive chemical agriculture food which makes the ground very acidly ( due of all the Soviet time the fields was in use- till today for vegetables.
    The relic hunters looking for the deep bunkers in Kõrgesoo and Soolkula, where the condition of the items in perfect condition, and no bodies.
    All the hills still as a big graveyard, but where the peoples burried by farmers after the war as a junk, in the trenchlines and shellholes, together with the junk from a field. That is not a good idea to leave them there. As an Estonian prime minister says about the Soviet soldiers burried in the monument's area on Tõnismäe:" We must understand that is a not good idea to walk above the graves where still burried soviet soldiers" Agreed , that is not a graveyard for proper burrial. The same about Blaubergen.

Quote by Argoe View Post
    Paul are you from estonia or brit?
    To:Jan if i remember correctly Sinimäed are forbiden to dig in estonia.
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I don;t think it's allowed to dig everywhere, if the area is hidden, it's will be allways an interest for the peoples who want to dig. Another aspect is that some peoples in Estonia will officially forbid the Tannenberg line for digging, IMO it;s a absurd
    Firstly: the peoples who live in that area will dig here- permitted or not.
    Secondary: If that will be absolutely forcbidden area, even for Volksbund representative peoples ( who are only 0.01% from the people who dig) Then other rest of 99.9% will dig there and really destroy the ability to find and recognize the remains of fallen soldiers. Another aspect that is the main area of German Volksbund interests there.
    But I don't believe that Volksbund will have not permission to work this area.
    The problem is just the walking /park zone over the fallen soldiers, who are still not recognized and not properly burried...
    If someone things that this area is full of artifacts- I will say no. There a rusty trough helmets due of agressive chemical agriculture food which makes the ground very acidly ( due of all the Soviet time the fields was in use- till today for vegetables.
    The relic hunters looking for the deep bunkers in Kõrgesoo and Soolkula, where the condition of the items in perfect condition, and no bodies.
    All the hills still as a big graveyard, but where the peoples burried by farmers after the war as a junk, in the trenchlines and shellholes, together with the junk from a field. That is not a good idea to leave them there. As an Estonian prime minister says about the Soviet soldiers burried in the monument's area on Tõnismäe:" We must understand that is a not good idea to walk above the graves where still burried soviet soldiers" Agreed , that is not a graveyard for proper burrial. The same about Blaubergen.
    Agree 100 % Dim
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Btw Dimas my grandfather fought in batles there on german side but he never spoke about wery fev times couse i was to young then

?

Argoe,
    The real combatant will newer spoke about nightmars of the battles, as there two of Estonian units fought in that area, most of the casualities got an SS Gren AuE Btl 33, which was sent as replacement to the 24 Rgt Danmark, they was too young and most of them was a 18-20 years old, that was one of their first battles, and the last, they mostly died between the Lastekolonii ja Grenadier hills and at the North-Ost part of the Grenadier hoeche. The other part is units of the 20 W Gren d SS, who got the hard casualities being G Sooden's counterattack from the South west part of the Grenadier hill and the way from a Waiwara graveyard, that unit was mostly not a young soldiers, but a soldiers who came trough SS Brigade and SS Legion, so their life in trenches was from 1942 -43 year.
    There also a lot of Soviet soldiers who was killed by the fire of own heavy artillery
    Regards,
    Dimas

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast