Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Relic M35 DD

Article about: Here's a relic I think came from Ukraine if memory serves me right. It's a double decal M40 NS64. Lot number I need to get under a scope I can make out the two middle numbers 46. I'd love to

Default Relic M35 DD

Here's a relic I think came from Ukraine if memory serves me right. It's a double decal M35 NS64. Lot number I need to get under a scope I can make out the two middle numbers 46. I'd love to know what decals were on this. When I got this helmet I thought about putting a liner in it, never did (these helmets were 10-20 bucks and no one really wanted them.). When I get my room done the way I want it I'll set it next to my other double decal M35 relic that's MIA.
    Note: this comment is edited. I originally posted it as my M40, it's my M35 (still looking for all my helmets)

Relic M35 DD Relic M35 DD Relic M35 DD Relic M35 DD Relic M35 DD Relic M35 DD Relic M35 DD Relic M35 DD Relic M35 DD
    Last edited by SimonSorenKam; 11-05-2020 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Edited title.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic M35 DD
    P
    Many

For 20 bucks a VERY decent buy. It is an M35 and not an M40 though, the shape of the vents would be not correct for an M40. The white decal looks like a very washed Heer Eagle Deacal, which would make the other one a National Shield. Although definitly rusty its in a decent state, especially for that price.

I would not put a liner in, it would ruin the authencity and for display it does not need one anyways, looks nice how it is.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Adravor View Post
    For 20 bucks a VERY decent buy. It is an M35 and not an M40 though, the shape of the vents would be not correct for an M40. The white decal looks like a very washed Heer Eagle Deacal, which would make the other one a National Shield. Although definitly rusty its in a decent state, especially for that price.

I would not put a liner in, it would ruin the authencity and for display it does not need one anyways, looks nice how it is.
    To add. In all but extremely rare cases, if it was anything other than an SS or Police, to have two decals it would need to be M35

Nice relic. Appears to be an above ground find vs a ground dug example. But always hard to tell.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Moved to the relic helmet section.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I laughed when I read the first part of your post. yeah this is my M35. My M40 is MIA. I'll get out my other M35 double decal. It's decals are clear, eagle on one side party shield on the other. Wow what a post. A botched title and helmet model. must be a full moon tonight.

I would classify it as - barn find, or early groundfound, but probably never under the earth, but rather on some field for a few years.

Quote by MAP View Post
    To add. In all but extremely rare cases, if it was anything other than an SS or Police, to have two decals it would need to be M35

Nice relic. Appears to be an above ground find vs a ground dug example. But always hard to tell.
    I have footlockers full of stuff. equipment, military guns, ect. I'm fairly certain that somewhere I have a double decal M40 I bought 20 some years ago. It was ground dug and had pin holes through the back. decals about the same shape or slightly worse than this one. I could be wrong it may have been an M35 and I am misremembering.
    to answer your observation and Adravor this was found above ground in the Ukraine (I believe) along with another M35 DD helmet I have somewhere (it has its liner band).
    rbminis thank you for moving the thread to the relic section, sorry. And thank you to whoever corrected my thread title. Sorry for the ignorance today.

Feel free to post your other stuff - love seeing more helmets.

Feel free to post your other stuff - love seeing more helmets.
    I have a couple more german helmets, several Italian M33's from the Spanish civil war. One ww2 M33 with original paint (someone removed the liner) picked up that came with a Schü-mine 42, inside it is a bottle of volcanic ash from mt. vesuvius and pebbles from the beach and a note telling what it is. A Yugoslavian helmet bring back from the Bosnian war in the early 90's. Equipment... I have military firearms from most notable wars, from flintlocks to a Colt 604. Most of which I don't think would be of much interest on this site, probably just the helmets and caps and a couple of uniforms. I don't think there's a forum here for firearms or small equipment (which I have a good amount of).

MAP
    ?

Quote by SimonSorenKam View Post
    I have a couple more german helmets, several Italian M33's from the Spanish civil war. One ww2 M33 with original paint (someone removed the liner) picked up that came with a Schü-mine 42, inside it is a bottle of volcanic ash from mt. vesuvius and pebbles from the beach and a note telling what it is. A Yugoslavian helmet bring back from the Bosnian war in the early 90's. Equipment... I have military firearms from most notable wars, from flintlocks to a Colt 604. Most of which I don't think would be of much interest on this site, probably just the helmets and caps and a couple of uniforms. I don't think there's a forum here for firearms or small equipment (which I have a good amount of).
    We love firearms!

And yes....we have a forum for it

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/world-firearms/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast