Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Relic M35 from Smolensk (Russia)

Article about: Hi All, This M35 helmet (size 64) was found just a couple weeks ago, during excavations in Smolensk. Some early fierce battles (The Battle of Smolenks of the summer/fall of 1941, etc.) took

FNG
    ?

I honestly think the paint was added

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic M35 from Smolensk (Russia)
    P
    Many

Can you do better close-ups of the name and of the decal ?

?

I can make more pics in a couple of weeks, they are sending 4 helmets in one box - it will take around 2-3 weeks (shipping).
    Relic M35 from Smolensk (Russia)

These are the 4 helmets: 3 German (2 from Smolensk, 1 from Leningrad) and 1 Romanian helmet (from Stalingrad/Volgograd).
    Relic M35 from Smolensk (Russia)Relic M35 from Smolensk (Russia)Relic M35 from Smolensk (Russia)Relic M35 from Smolensk (Russia)

Fabe, I love these relics but I’m a bit cautious about the lid with the name in the rear skirt. I initially thought that it looked a little too bright a shade of white and now looking at the enlarged photos I can see a few areas where there is lettering (first number 5 in the top row) over rust. Also, appears to be some lettering over the lighter shade of paint which has been exposed over the top paint. I will post some pics later if you’d like. Other than the writing I still really like the rest of the helmet.

Others can comment on the Luft decal but other than that I really like these as relics helmets.

?

I'd say wait for better pics. I have full confidence with these guys - they 'been sending me full legit stuff...

The Luft decal: well it is only a shadow of a decal...
    Relic M35 from Smolensk (Russia)Relic M35 from Smolensk (Russia)Relic M35 from Smolensk (Russia)

?

I'll take close up pics when I'll have them. That can be a paint/rust bubble right at the edge of the bottom of the 5. As you can see, as these were dug from a swamp, there are no extensive rusting, only small circle shaped paint bubbles (some already "exploded" like a pimple, leaving circle shaped rust spots).

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Relic M35 from Smolensk (Russia)Relic M35 from Smolensk (Russia)

FNG
    ?

I have dealt with a lot of relic helmets before and I have several with names that are correct...this one is not. Its not even the proper german style of writing, looks like a Russian wrote it.

Im sorry...

?

Quote by FNG View Post
    I have dealt with a lot of relic helmets before and I have several with names that are correct...this one is not. Its not even the proper german style of writing, looks like a Russian wrote it.

Im sorry...
    Really? If it's not Gothic writing then it was written by a Russian?
    Thanks for your opinion - even if your logic it's way off track...

FNG
    ?

I was being sarcastic about the russian part. Its defiently not period IMO

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast