Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Relic M40 Helmet.

Article about: I'm going to try and get this relic back to some sort of decent condition. Always wanted to restore a German helmet back to as near to it's younger life as possible Pictures of M40 helmet in

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Looks like an M40!...

Edit, looks like an M35 after all, the vent has corroded to the shell. I bow to your better eye Real Steel!..
    Gunny. The last pic he posted...like an "Optical Illusion". I assume that is the outside part of helmet ? The inside pic of it in sunlight I photo shopped for clarity. If you zoom in....you will see the insert separating from the inside of shell.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic M40 Helmet.
    P
    Many

Its an SE manufactured M40 shell. Early M40 SE vents look like M35s.

Quote by The Devil's Bank View Post
    Best I can do..
    Wanted a picture of the inside of the helmet not the outside. We just want to see if it is an insert into the vent hole or just a stamped out hole

Thanks, David

Quote by LeonardoL View Post
    Its an SE manufactured M40 shell. Early M40 SE vents look like M35s.
    Now for you my friend Leonardo.
    How about a friendly wager just for fun & to benefit the forum ? If indeed it is an M40, I will put up the $30 to make you a "Club Member" for a year.
    If it is an M35 as I say it is, YOU must put up the $30 to register as a "Club Member" for the year for yourself. So really you win either way.

How about it ? Let me know, then we will try to get a coupe pics of the inside vent hole/insert.

Will wait for your answer.
    Your friend, David

Quote by real steel View Post
    Now for you my friend Leonardo.
    How about a friendly wager just for fun & to benefit the forum ? If indeed it is an M40, I will put up the $30 to make you a "Club Member" for a year.
    If it is an M35 as I say it is, YOU must put up the $30 to register as a "Club Member" for the year for yourself. So really you win either way.

How about it ? Let me know, then we will try to get a coupe pics of the inside vent hole/insert.

Will wait for your answer.
    Your friend, David
    Well since youve already said it... my bet is that its an SE manufactured M40 shell.

And sure, if im wrong i will pay. Im dragging too long for free on this forum (im a cheap bastard)

Quote by LeonardoL View Post
    Well since youve already said it... my bet is that its an SE manufactured M40 shell.

And sure, if im wrong i will pay. Im dragging too long for free on this forum (im a cheap bastard)
    Okay great !! Let's see if "TDB" will shoot us a few inside pics. Already asked in a prior post

Talk soon "Cheap skate" (LOL) Future "Club Member"

Pictures of the vents my friends, but I do have to say in the strongest of terms.. that you are both wrong!

It's quite obvious that it's a M37.5, yes a M37 and a half.

So, I win the bet Do I get some American cookies? and lots of them
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic M40 Helmet.   Relic M40 Helmet.  

Relic M40 Helmet.  

"Its an SE manufactured M40 shell. Early M40 SE vents look like M35s."

What's a SE M40

I've just bought a M40 Liner.. will this fit this Helmet

As the Medical Examiner said in the movie "Jaws"...."I was wrong, I will have to amend my report".

Leonardo...your name will be up in Red letters soon. You win... Welcome to the "Club"

David

Leonardo...your name will be up in Red letters soon. You win...(Boo! Boo!) Welcome to the "Club"

It's a conspiracy, short and simple, It's a M37 and a half, I WIN.

Thanks for the entertainment chaps, so, I've got a "SE manufactured M40"

What the "blaaady hell" is a manufactured SE M40??

Just bought a M40 Liner, hope it fits a rogue SE M40. (L0L)
    Last edited by The Devil's Bank; 09-29-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast