MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sniper kill shot german relic helmet - from my collection

Article about: German helmet with a nice decal still visible. Outside of the helmet is in gread condition thanks to two layers of paint, original green and winter camo applied over it. The helmet coroded o

Default Sniper kill shot german relic helmet - from my collection

German helmet with a nice decal still visible. Outside of the helmet is in gread condition thanks to two layers of paint, original green and winter camo applied over it. The helmet coroded only in one spot, where the german was shot and I think it is corosion caused by blood. What you guys think ?

Sniper kill shot german relic helmet - from my collectionSniper kill shot german relic helmet - from my collectionSniper kill shot german relic helmet - from my collectionSniper kill shot german relic helmet - from my collectionSniper kill shot german relic helmet - from my collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sniper kill shot german relic helmet - from my collection
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Sniper kill shot german relic helmet - from my collection

Might it be splinter damage or do you think the drawn out hole is where a bullet grazed along and then later the metal corroded? (I did see the round entry hole).

Looks like it may well be a KIA helmet, nice relic I think the holes on the crown are from corrosion where it sat upside down for a long time, pooling water / blood. Any idea where it comes from?

Welcome to the forum also!

As the two gents above me stated, it COULD be a KIA helmet. However, this is all conjecture. We will never know what exactly happened to the helmet or it's original owner...

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Looks like it may well be a KIA helmet, nice relic I think the holes on the crown are from corrosion where it sat upside down for a long time, pooling water / blood. Any idea where it comes from?

Agreed. That was my impression as well; the the hole on top was from corrosion (maybe after the metal was weakened by other factors....or not).

It was diged out in UKRAINE, by the way you guys know what model it is ? The edge is rounded and folded underneath. I assume its wehrmacht due to the decal.

?

It looks like an M40.

You will never know what happened to the helmet and there are many reasons why a helmet would have a hole in it. Not every helmet with a bullet hole has to mean the most sinister.

Welcome to the forum!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I assume he was hit by the bullet/shrapnel since there is no exit hole......

Ps. thanks, glad to be here !

sadly a lot of people after the war found left over helmets good for target practice...

It is indeed a Heer M40.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast