Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ss helmet bullet near decal

Article about: Hi. This helmet I think belongs in my collection the helmet itself is perfect for me bullet damaged very much I don’t care about the shell just the decal the price is 754 aud it has a make

?

Default Ss helmet bullet near decal

Hi. This helmet I think belongs in my collection the helmet itself is perfect for me bullet damaged very much I don’t care about the shell just the decal the price is 754 aud it has a maker mark and lot number lot number 4300 maker mark ETSs helmet bullet near decalSs helmet bullet near decalSs helmet bullet near decalSs helmet bullet near decalSs helmet bullet near decal these are the best photos I can do the decal is hard to get photos and even see it due to a bullet hole right through the outside of the decal please make do with what you have thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss helmet bullet near decal
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Sorry. Don't understand. Are you just showing it or are you looking for authentication of the decal.

Given the condition, I don't think it is possible to authenticate much. It's not an ET decal, so if it is real, it would have to be a Pocher. Helmet is probably a '39 dated example. The liner band should give you a date.

I know you like relics, so won't comment on the price. To each his own.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Yes I just want to see if the decal is real cheers-will the maker mark could also be EF or ET

MAP
    ?

Sorry, as said, based on the condition, it will be very hard at give any conclusive opinion on the authenticity of the decal. At least for me. Maybe others can.

The fakers have mastered the art of tarting up relic helmets with fake decals to the point that it is often impossible to tell from photos alone.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hi. Yes it’s very unfortunate. There’s some pitting in the left side of the “decal” and it’s eaten into the decal is that a sign of originally?

Why does everyone of your topics have to start with a price , do you see anyone else doing that?
    It is authentic or it isn’t regardless of price.

Comprehensively battle damaged for sure. I’m not sure about the siegrunes though. To me they look fuzzy. More consistent with being applied by air spraying than a decal. It isn’t one that I would be chasing hard.

I don’t think it would be too hard for someone to clean out any remains of paint or fake decal from the pitting with a small dremel or similar....

For starters that liner band doesn’t belong to that helmet, as you can see there’s no bullet hole through the band where it hit the helmet so that’s a red flag for the rest of its authenticity. As for the decal it looks like it could be a good one but fakers are getting good these days and as Andy said if someone took just a little bit of time it’s a lot easier to age a decal on a relic helmet then it is on a good condition one.

MAP
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    I don’t think it would be too hard for someone to clean out any remains of paint or fake decal from the pitting with a small dremel or similar....
    I agree.

My view only but buying a relic with a decal in this type of condition is like rolling the dice.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast