Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ss helmet found in Karelia. Real or fake?

Article about: Hi I couldn’t help but ask what’s your opinion of this helmet real or fake? It’s at a very good price 668AUD there are more photos of it if needed.

?

Default Ss helmet found in Karelia. Real or fake?

Ss helmet found in Karelia. Real or fake?Ss helmet found in Karelia. Real or fake?Ss helmet found in Karelia. Real or fake?Ss helmet found in Karelia. Real or fake?
    Hi I couldn’t help but ask what’s your opinion of this helmet real or fake? It’s at a very good price 668AUD there are more photos of it if needed.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss helmet found in Karelia. Real or fake?
    P
    Many

The decal looks to be in too good of condition compared to the rest of the helmet, which is very rough. I would not take a chance on it but that's just my two cents.

It is not one for me. Authenticity left to others. The decals, good or bad are in way better condition than the rest of the helmet.
    John

?

If you need more photos it comes from russianfrontrelics.com

I would be happy to see more photos if you want to post them, I am not going to do the work though, but is not going to change my mind.
    John

I feel a real sense of deja vu looking at this specimen

Is anyone surprised the decal seems to be the best preserved part of that relic? Apparently not.

I did wonder if the jagged mess where the vent hole is supposed to be was there because its a Chinese fake helmet and they wanted to hide that. The decal may be applied over the corrosion. Personally I would pass it by.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    I feel a real sense of deja vu looking at this specimen
    As a colleague said to me recently (and just could not understand why I roared with laughter) "it's deja vu all over again"

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Is anyone surprised the decal seems to be the best preserved part of that relic? Apparently not.

It's clearly because the decal is made of the same stuff developed by Werner von Braun that NASA subsequently used to coat the re-entry heat shields of spacecraft!
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast