Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Nord Div relic M42 It's a good one!

Article about: Hello, bought this in 2014 and won't tell where or by whom yet, want the decal to speak for itself. Told it's from Nord Div front. After posting, told at the time it was good and Doug B said

Default SS Nord Div relic M42 It's a good one!

Hello, bought this in 2014 and won't tell where or by whom yet, want the decal to speak for itself. Told it's from Nord Div front. After posting, told at the time it was good and Doug B said looks good but wanted to see it in hand before he gave the thumbs up. That never happened. Finally got around to looking at it with a USB scope.
    Thanks for looking.SS Nord Div relic M42 It's a good one!SS Nord Div relic M42 It's a good one!SS Nord Div relic M42 It's a good one!SS Nord Div relic M42 It's a good one!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Nord Div relic M42 It's a good one!
    P
    Many

USB microscopes

Look at post #37 + for USB scope.

Helmet has seen acid and layer of decal is faded away. Also helmet was oiled at some point.

MAP
    ?

I would typically say there is no way to tell based on the standard photos. But under the USB it looks OK to me.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Me personally I don’t see any red flags with the decal seems like a honest ground dug example but relic helmet decals can be faked alot easier, but why not tell us where you bought it from? Is it a known bad dealer?

Just seeing the microscope pictures now, I do agree with map and it looks like a good one.

It was bought in 2014 from classifieds here. No big deal really, I will reveal the seller who seemed like a stand up guy. He also had many look at it that know about relic SS and all were positive.

Those helmet photos I took in 2014 in window daylight or sunlight, USB less then one week. The side with the decal is quite rusted but many areas show paint as well.

The only thing I did since I got it was to apply Renaissance Wax to decal. You can see lots of whitish cream spots where it has remained.

waffen44 was the seller.

My few SS helmets

Bottom right is the helmet I bought. He welcomed any research on it and it took me only 7 years to do it. . IF it's a dud I'll accept it and learn from it. But 95% i'm sure it's good.

I can't seem to find the thread I made about this in 2014.

Hello, any more opinions? I really want to put this to bed. Would like to find someone that has studied SS decals under USB.

THks

USB closeups:

THanksSS Nord Div relic M42 It's a good one!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Nord Div relic M42 It's a good one!   SS Nord Div relic M42 It's a good one!  

SS Nord Div relic M42 It's a good one!   SS Nord Div relic M42 It's a good one!  

SS Nord Div relic M42 It's a good one!  

MAP
    ?

I still think it looks good
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

+1, looks good

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast