Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advice on bending helmet rim

Article about: Hey. Im in need of advice on how to best bend this bent rim of ww1 stahlhelm back in line. It's not bent badly, but still looks bad. Has anyone experience of doing this or something similar?

Quote by toot View Post
    I had one simular and I took it to an automotive body shop & they fixed it for no cost. just a thought?
    They probably used a piece of equipment called an "English Wheel" which is used to hand fabricate or repair motor body panels through the process of "Wheeling". That would be ideal if you know a workshop suitably equipped and ready to help! Not so good if they would charge you though.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Advice on bending helmet rim
    P
    Many

?

I also had one that the dome was pounded down to be used as an ash tray, and they pusher it back out and never knew it was ever there. you got to think out of the norm. glad I could help.

That's impressive!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2