Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advice needed

Article about: Gents, I recently purchased these tags to help catalogue my Iron Cross collection. My intent is that I wanted something a little more ornate to help tag the crosses for their respective make

Default Advice needed

Gents,

I recently purchased these tags to help catalogue my Iron Cross collection. My intent is that I wanted something a little more ornate to help tag the crosses for their respective maker's marks and wanted to make sure I would not have a reaction to the cross seeing that these tags are silver foiled. I don't know if anyone has had an issue with these? I going on the assumption that these are made for jewelry pricing and no such issue should arise with contact but you can never be too cautious!

I thank you for any help/insight you can provide me.

Regards,

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Advice needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Advice needed
    P
    Many

I think that depends how you are displaying them. If they are in cases where the tags cant move around and touch the cross, its fine. You should never store such valuable items in a lose manner where they can get bumped around. Even regular handling of an Iron Cross will wear down the patina on the edge.

As for the question if the foil could react if touching the Iron Cross. I have no idea if it does, but is it worth the risk of damaging an entire collection over some tags? I would just get different tags.

Personally I place my items in Ryker cases with green felt and tags printed on parchment paper. But of course there are many good ways to store and display them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Advice needed   Advice needed  

Advice needed   Advice needed  

CBH
    ?

I like the idea of tagging items and have considered doing it myself. Mostly so my family can know the good from the bad, if something was to happen to me. Cases are probably a better idea, but either way would be useful. I don't think the tag would harm the item in any way, I'd keep the strings as short as possible so they don't tangle up with the others.

Gentlemen,

Thank you so much for your advice. I figured, when purchasing the tags it would add a little more elegance when displaying my crosses. Seeing that they are made for jewelry pricing there should be in theory no issues if contact is made metal to metal. I just don't want to take the chance and I have decided to order plain tags. Gents, than you again for your guidance.

Chrish124, beautiful displays by the way!

Regards,

Joel

I really can't see any issues with those tags. Joel i've been meaning to ask you for a while, do you own a Buell?

Gunny,

I did.. I owned a 2000 Buell M2 Cyclone. It was an absolute fun bike to ride. Sadly, I sold it a few years back to pay for a new deck for the house. The conditions of my sale is that I would only sell it to someone out of town.. LOL! That day came when a gent was looking for that exact bike for his brother who lived 1800 miles away. Done deal!

Thank you as well for your advice.

Regards,

Joel

Quote by buellmeister View Post
    Gunny,

I did.. I owned a 2000 Buell M2 Cyclone. It was an absolute fun bike to ride. Sadly, I sold it a few years back to pay for a new deck for the house. The conditions of my sale is that I would only sell it to someone out of town.. LOL! That day came when a gent was looking for that exact bike for his brother who lived 1800 miles away. Done deal!

Thank you as well for your advice.

Regards,

Joel
    I had a 99 Cyclone a thought it was a great bike, i sold it when it got to 30,000 miles as you hear so many horror stories about the engine letting go. Since i started riding back in 1978 i've had about 40 bikes, the Buell is the only one i miss.
    Advice needed

Gunny,

Now thinking about it, I miss mine too. I have not had as many bikes as you but do miss the torque and handling these little beasts gave you. Here is a picture of mine.

By the way, I like the extras you put on yours.. Love that shade of blue as well!

One more.. (Tear forming in my eye)

Nice bikes guys.
    I never owned one but I got to take one for a ride.
    A late 90's Cyclone with NOS. When I hit the button, I thoght
    I was going to take off.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast