MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Schiffchen insignia reapplied

Article about: Post war, this abused little cap was property of the Bavaria Filmkunst. Founded in 1919, they were a major film production group. I assume they kept a large quantity of costumes and props on

Default Heer Schiffchen insignia reapplied

Post war, this abused little cap was property of the Bavaria Filmkunst. Founded in 1919, they were a major film production group. I assume they kept a large quantity of costumes and props on hand. The cap was damaged, re-sewn in places and basically abused. The insignia was stripped and it must have been sold off. I had an RAD cap that was poorly re-sewn to look like a Heer Artillerie Schiffcnen. I removed the insignia and added the correct RAD insignia and sold it. The insignia remained in a book for years. I saw this sad little cap for sale and thought it needed to be put back together. My friend David Stone reapplied the insignia. As luck would have it, the cap showed signs of having a soutache. The holes and sewing lines were there and even a little remnant of red Waffenfarbe. David said the Adler dropped right into place. The wear on the insignia matches the wear on the cap so it appears to be a good fit. It is not perfect and shows real age and use but I think the two elements present pretty good together and I am happy with the result. Neil

Heer Schiffchen insignia reappliedHeer Schiffchen insignia reappliedHeer Schiffchen insignia reappliedHeer Schiffchen insignia reappliedHeer Schiffchen insignia reapplied

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Schiffchen insignia reapplied
    P
    Many

Nicely done.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!