Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M15 Adrian with post war paint

Article about: Hello everyone Here is my new m15 adrian helmet. It has been painted black with a bit of yellow over it and some random green dots. The crest has been painted silver. (The yellow didn't come

?

Default M15 Adrian with post war paint

Hello everyone
    Here is my new m15 adrian helmet. It has been painted black with a bit of yellow over it and some random green dots. The crest has been painted silver. (The yellow didn't come out right in the photos it is actually like a bright neon yellow)The post war paint is flaking off and underneath I can see the original horizion blue.
    I was thinking of restoring this one, Now before anyone gets worried I am not sanding and painting over it.
    I was thinking about using some paint remover and slowly taking off the post war paint while saving the original blue that lies underneath. I will wait for any suggestions before I try to mess with it.
    Any advice, suggestions, comments are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Daniel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M15 Adrian with post war paint   M15 Adrian with post war paint  

M15 Adrian with post war paint   M15 Adrian with post war paint  

M15 Adrian with post war paint   M15 Adrian with post war paint  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M15 Adrian with post war paint
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I would wait to see if someone knows if the overpaint has some legitimate significance (civil use, etc.), but if the consensus is post war child's play, I say go for it!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Paint has patina to it! North Africa?

?

I thought the same thing too when I saw the photos online before I bought it. When you are looking at it in person it is very neon colored. My guess is 60s or 70s painted but I am happy to stand corrected
    Thanks
    Daniel

CBH
    ?

I wouldn’t strip it till you got a definite answer.
    Desert camouflage came in strange shades, the SAS used pink on vehicles occasionally.

In one time, black was for Police troops in France.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Also another thing I forgot to add was the rivets holding on the crest don't seem to be original. They are larger and are more of a copper colour. Why paint the crest silver if it was a camouflage helmet? Who knows, it could be north africa camouflage.
    Thanks
    Daniel

?

Or could be police. Not sure
    Thanks
    Daniel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast