Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

My M42 helmet from POLAND.

Article about: Hello all, I have a M42 helmet dug up near Kolobrzeg city in Poland. When I got it, it was a ball of dirt and rust painted with green spray paint. I was looking for a cheap restoration proje

Default My M42 helmet from POLAND.

Hello all, I have a M42 helmet dug up near Kolobrzeg city in Poland. When I got it, it was a ball of dirt and rust painted with green spray paint. I was looking for a cheap restoration project, something I can play with; well I found it. I paid total of $5 for it, the guy I bought it from had a huge pile of painted green rusty helmets. Anyway I like this section and I decided I'll share photos of the progress and ask for advice on color selection and decals. I was thinking about making it a AFRIKA CORPS, but since it is M42 I'm not sure if they used them in Africa. I have all bunch of questions.......do you prime helmet before the final coat? if yes what color? any suggestions please share them with me... Thanks in advance.....

Ps. I don't have any photos before paint and rust removal, and the white substance on the helmet is a car bondo filler.

My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My M42 helmet from POLAND.
    P
    Many

?

Camo not original.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Camo not original.
    Are you talking about shiny metal/ white spots camo ?

?

Hi JohnyWoo, I and others here have recently restored M42 shells, I used a grey matt primer in a fairly thick coat,to cover any indentations /imperfections. I assume once you have flattened down the filler and given is a base coat of primer,it would be a great surface to paint with the final colour

Quote by Opex View Post
    Hi JohnyWoo, I and others here have recently restored M42 shells, I used a grey matt primer in a fairly thick coat,to cover any indentations /imperfections. I assume once you have flattened down the filler and given is a base coat of primer,it would be a great surface to paint with the final colour
    Awesome, I'll to just that. What decals did you use on yours?......... I just don't know what branches of German military used M42's. I would say all of them right?

?

Quote by JohnyWoo View Post
    Awesome, I'll to just that. What decals did you use on yours?......... I just don't know what branches of German military used M42's. I would say all of them right?
    Hi, I have decided not to put any decals onto my restored M-42, I have another M-42 which was used by Luftwaffe in France.

I want my M42 to be in Africa Corps colors, any knowledge where can I get right paint and decals?

My progress...
    My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.My M42 helmet from POLAND.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M42 helmet from POLAND.   My M42 helmet from POLAND.  

My M42 helmet from POLAND.   My M42 helmet from POLAND.  

My M42 helmet from POLAND.  

Nice job, though I probably would have bought a lot
    more shells off the guy at that price..........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Great Job!!!! It looks nice and smooth.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast