Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

My Ww2 m1 helmet restoration and ageing

Article about: I bought a schleuter helmet shell from a local antique store for \\$30. Someone had stripped the original paint off of it I figured I’d have a go at making the helmet look like an original h

Default My Ww2 m1 helmet restoration and ageing

I bought a front seam schleuter helmet shell from a local antique store for $30. Someone had stripped the original paint off of it I figured I’d have a go at making the helmet look like an original helmet, not to fool anyone but as an experiment to see just how close I could get it. I’m not going to reveal what I did to age it because fakers will start useing the same methods. I used fine cork from war hats, took a few weeks to get here but very happy with the results. I used early war green spray paint from IMA. I am very open to input on the helmet. Without further ado here are the pictures:My Ww2 m1 helmet restoration and ageingMy Ww2 m1 helmet restoration and ageingMy Ww2 m1 helmet restoration and ageingMy Ww2 m1 helmet restoration and ageingMy Ww2 m1 helmet restoration and ageing
    Sorry for the flipped pictures!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Ww2 m1 helmet restoration and ageing   My Ww2 m1 helmet restoration and ageing  

My Ww2 m1 helmet restoration and ageing   My Ww2 m1 helmet restoration and ageing  

My Ww2 m1 helmet restoration and ageing   My Ww2 m1 helmet restoration and ageing  

My Ww2 m1 helmet restoration and ageing  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Ww2 m1 helmet restoration and ageing
    P
    Many

Where can I find original chinstraps that are already sewn?

A few sellers in the US have them, however you would to have bar tacked on to the bales.

Alright. Thanks again!