Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

NCO Katana - is it worth restoration?

Article about: I have an NCO Katana that bears a glyph and serial numbers. This is a bare Katana without handle or sheath. Is there any way to find out the manufacturer and/or date/year of manufacture? It

Default NCO Katana - is it worth restoration?

I have an NCO Katana that bears a glyph and serial numbers. This is a bare Katana without handle or sheath. Is there any way to find out the manufacturer and/or date/year of manufacture?

NCO Katana  -  is it worth restoration?NCO Katana  -  is it worth restoration?

It is rusted and is in rough shape as can be seen.

I have heard that if it were to be done, it should be done professionally, but cost is factor. If restoration is "not worth the effort" then what?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NCO Katana  -  is it worth restoration?
    P
    Many

there is nothing to restore. If you have the blade cleaned, it is still of very marginal value as you are missing both the handle and the scabbard plus seppa. Put your money in to a complete sword as these are quite common.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I agree with Bob.
    This one is not worth the cost of a restoration.
    If this were a 500 year old blade, maybe, but it is not, and these are fairly common to find one in a more complete condition.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

To add, I don't even think this can be restored. There is a huge chip at the end of the blade.

At this point it is just a relic. Of course don't throw it away...just display it as is.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks rather nice in it's rustic semi relic condition. I agree, leave as is.