Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Ostfront, Spring camo, M40.

Article about: I probably repainted, stripped, repainted, stripped and repainted this helmet a couple dozen times before I finally got it to the way I want it. Behold, a Heer M40 SD with whitewash scrubbed

Default Ostfront, Spring camo, M40.

Ostfront, Spring camo, M40.Ostfront, Spring camo, M40.Ostfront, Spring camo, M40.

I probably repainted, stripped, repainted, stripped and repainted this helmet a couple dozen times before I finally got it to the way I want it. Behold, a Heer M40 SD with whitewash scrubbed off for the coming spring. The last name "Spieles" is paint on the inner skirt (You win with the name painting PotatoDigger, my Fraktur looks like crap, so I gave up and did it like I normally would have). There were several Spieles's that fought on The German side during WWII, one of them may be my cousin. Yes folks, I am half German. I never really bothered to see if I had any WWII ancestors fight for Germany, I just know that there were some of us left over there.

The liner and decal were from Hessen Antique. The liner is absolute crap, and it will be replaced asap. I was pleasantly surprised by the decal though. For $4, I thought I was going to get a sticker. Instead, it ***** down to the helmet quite well, and is just as good as the dry transfers I got from 1944Militaria, if not better.

Ostfront, Spring camo, M40.Ostfront, Spring camo, M40.Ostfront, Spring camo, M40.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ostfront, Spring camo, M40.
    P
    Many

You have done a really awesome job, the helmet looks great!