Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Polyester?

Article about: Hi, I'm in the process of building a shadowbox, and I want to cover the back (which my medals and armband will be in contact with) in black fabric. For preservation purposes, I read that 100

?

Default Polyester?

Hi,

I'm in the process of building a shadowbox, and I want to cover the back (which my medals and armband will be in contact with) in black fabric.

For preservation purposes, I read that 100% cotton was good enough. However, I found a blend fabric that consists of 65% polyester and 35% cotton, and is therefore ticker.

What do you guys think? Could it still be as neutral as pure natural cotton or is it an instant no-go? I really hope that we have some kind of fabric expert here, as I went to a couple of stores but couldn't get any answer.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polyester?
    P
    Many

Do not go with any fabric which contains man made materials.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking.

I was asking as I found this blend fabric accidentally - I asked for 100% cotton but was sold something else.

Unbleached fabric / Croft Mill / Fabric Online UK

You might be better off with unbleached cotton cloth!....

?

Indeed, I bought some, but I'd like the back to be black, and I'm hoping that getting some 100% cotton is a good compromise. I'll be cutting a piece of unbleached cotton to be between the black cotton and the NSDAP armband.