Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Preserving leather on rucksack

Article about: Hi guys. Now some of you might be against this but i would rather clean the leather every month than letting it crack. Annoyed from this ads?   Yesterday i got this GJ rucksack. Very go

Default Preserving leather on rucksack

Hi guys. Now some of you might be against this but i would rather clean the leather every month than letting it crack.

Yesterday i got this GJ rucksack. Very good condition and all, remains of factory papers inside. But all of the leather pieces are very dry.

Preserving leather on rucksackPreserving leather on rucksackPreserving leather on rucksackPreserving leather on rucksack

I use Balea body milk. These pics were taken 1 in the morning.

Preserving leather on rucksackPreserving leather on rucksackPreserving leather on rucksack

And this was taken few minutes ago. Thle leather absorbed the milk, and got softer.

Preserving leather on rucksackPreserving leather on rucksack

The nivea is good for flexible leather that needs just a bit of treatment, but for now (for me) the balea is best for softening.

Any options and suggestions welcomed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Preserving leather on rucksack
    P
    Many

saddle soap is the answer.

I'm with you as i'd prefer to see the leather preserved rather than cracking and breaking, i saved a pair of US rough out boots that were as hard as hell by soaking 'em in olive oil, it worked a treat and wont damage any stitching!...

?

Ah the old question of "To preserve or not to preserve", personally I would rather treat the leather and therefore preserve the long term condition of the leather, great tips shared here in regards to what products to use, I never considered using hand cream,nor olive oil thanks guys

And a great vintage piece,which I would be very proud to own too

i too have learned something new here today ,ive a few pieces that have dryed out ,helmet chinstraps mainly and a pair of wermacht officers boots so i might give these methods a try

Im glad you guys like the metods. Im experimenting with all kinds of creams and stuff with dry leather and for now i found out that the best thing (for me): Balea body milk for softening (as soon as the leather "drinks" it apply another layer, 4-5 times; its not to hard to wipe it clean if it stops "drinking"). And i use Nivea plain cream for leather that isnt to dry (mostly on canteen harnesses and smaller items) even if they dont need a treatment, wont do any harm.